How To Kill A Maid

Start from the beginning

"No!"

"I was informed there will only be a boy here" well she was smart, for a circle member anyway. "Isn't this Lord Valentine's residence?"

Lord Valentine? Ew. "It is, but—"

"May I come in? The sun is burning" she cut Xen off. What was she going to do? If she let's her in, Jonathan will see her. If she doesn't let her in she will be here forever.

"No?"

"What!" The old woman's eyes popped out. Such disrespect to deny an elderly lady's request.

"No—I mean—I mean—I don't know what I mean" she stuttered. The bead of sweat is now dripping from her forehead.

"I am a pale woman, I will burn in the sun" that's the only thing she said before pushing her way in. Rude! Thank god Jonathan was outside. Just to make sure he remained outside, Xen had a plan.

"Oh my god! Is that a spider! Don't come in here! I will take care of it for your safety" she didn't know if Jonathan was afraid of spiders but she knew that he would happily let her suffer.

"Spider! Where?" The old lady jumped up on the coffee table.

"False alarm" Xen let out a forced laugh. "You are probably tired from your travels, let me get you water"

The wounds on Jonathan's hand have began to bleed again, but he had zero intention of putting on a rune. It will just make him weak. Besides over the years he had learned to endure the pain. His father use to whip him and let him to heal naturally, the way mundanes do, though mundanes usually didn't get whipped often. Even if he wanted to use a healing rune he couldn't, he has left his Steele inside, so there won't be any urges to soothe the pain.

He heard some muffled voices coming from within he house. He thought it was his maid talking to herself, she seemed crazy enough. She kept repeating something about spiders. Well, you should always face your fears alone.

Xen was pacing back and forth in the kitchen trying to decide what will she do with the real maid. She could kill her, she won't even feel that bad since the maid is a circle member. But she liked her first victim to be a demon and not a human. What was she going t—is that Jonathan's Steele laying unprotected on the kitchen counter? Interesting, Xen thought. Interesting indeed Xen.

Feed minutes later Xen walked out of the kitchen door. She was feeling more relaxed than before. She sat next to the old lady, and the old lady asked her about her glass of water.

"I forgot" Xen smiled and grabbed the old lady's hand.

"What are you doing?" The lady angered.

"Now now, you better stop fighting it will only hurt you more" Xen held a tight grasp on the lady's hand. The lady was still protesting but Xen was strong enough to restrain her.  She drew a tiny sleeping rune on the lady's palm. As soon as the rune was placed she rolled off the couch and fell on the floor face down.

"Okay, now what?" Xen let out a sigh of relief. She shouldn't feel to relaxed yet, she still had to get rid of her. For now she could store her in the closet of the big white room that no one goes in. She began to drag the lady, and she was not as light as she looked.

Yet another knock came in the Morgenstern door. Xen let out go of the lady and her face slammed on the floor. Who could it be?

Xen opened the door, but just a little bit so the visitor can only see her face and nothing else. In front of her stood the blonde haired, blue eyed boy. The same boy that gave her a ride to this countryside manor. He was holding something in his hand. It was reflecting the sunlight into Xen's eyes.

"You dropped your Steele in the carriage" he smiled. His smile was warm, I am sure everything he does was warm since he was hot.

"Thanks!" Xen snatched the Steele from his hand and closed the door. Normally she would be happy talking to an attractive guy, but normally she doesn't have unconscious people laying in the living room.

Xen heard the door squeak and then a shout, "Is that a dead body!"

"Um...no" she said the same boy that returned her Steele.

"You don't have to lie, I won't judge you" he was still trying to figure what how to act around a dead body. He was just trying to say things that wouldn't get him killed.

"The fact that you wouldn't judge a killer scares me. Since you are here help me move the body"

His eyes widen. Him? Touch a dead person? Never. "What! I never even touched a demon, let alone a dead body. Forget it! Sorry I came here! Sorry for being a good citizen! Keep your Steele and your body!"

"Life is hard. Get over it." She rolled her eyes. Guess she found someone more dramatic than her. "Now help me move the body."

She asserted and he agreed. She was quite scary to be honest. They decided that he would carry the old lady's upper body (or the heaviest part) and she would get the legs (0r the lightest part).

"Since we are bonding over a dead body—"

"She is not dead, just unconscious" he was interrupted by Xen.

"I should tell you my name, it's Jonathan"

"Jonathan? Seriously! Another Jonathan! By the angel Shadowhunters are so unoriginal!"

"What's yours then?" He huffed

"Xen"

"Well you are not very calm" he snorted. "What's the lady's name?"

"I don't know. I forgot to ask when I was busy sedating her" she shot him a look.

"Why exactly is she unconscious?"

"You ask too many questions, Hudson"

"My name is not Hudson"

"I know but I have too many Jonathan's in my life right now. That reminds me." She paused to look around. "Hey! Jonathan, it's just me, Xen—your maid. Nothing suspicious is going on here, just keep on training"

"That's not suspicious at all" Hudson said with sarcasm.

"Shut up Hudson!"

"It's Jonathan"

"Not anymore"