part 1

“Are you ready?” my father asked me. “No” I sighted and looked at the big building. Today is the day I’m going to my new school. I’m a new student in the middle of the year. My father is also new here. He is the new history teacher, the old one was killed by an animal. I got out of the car and saw everybody stop doing what they were doing and they stared at me. I tried to look down and I followed my dad into the big building. We walked towards the information desk and my dad started telling who we were and what we were doing here. The woman looked at me and she smiled. I got the strange feeling someone was watching me again and I looked around. Even here, in a whole new town, the feeling is following me. I saw the woman wave at a girl in the hall and she came towards us. “Caroline, this is Olivia. She is new here and she is also a junior, would you mind to show her around a bit?” the woman asked her. “No, off course not! Come with me girl, I will tell you everything you need to know to survive here!” she said and she grabbed my wrist. I waved at my dad and he gave me a happy smile. I guess moving here was good for him to. “So Olivia, what are you doing here?” She asked me. “Well, after my mom died, we wanted a new start, so we moved here.” I said to her with a sad smile. “Ow, I’m so sorry for asking.” She said and she waved at a couple of people on the other side of the hall. “Come on, I’ll show you my friends!” she said happy and she pulled me towards the group. “Everyone, this is Olivia, she is new here. Olivia, this are my friends.” She said and they all smiled at me. “Hi, nice meeting you.” A girl with brown hair said to me. Wow, she is really pretty. “I’m Elena.” She said when she let go of my hand. The other girl introduced herself as Bonnie. She seemed nice. There were also 3 guys standing there. They all said their names and my attention stayed with the last one. ‘Tyler’ was his name. He is really pretty. The first guy, Steffen, kept staring at me and I gave him a weird look. “Do I know you, because you look so familiar?” Stefan said. “No, sorry, I’ve never seen you before.” I smiled and the bell rang. “I have history now.” I told them and it seemed they all had history. Great, I finally made some friends, now they will know that I’m the history teacher’s daughter. We got to our seats and I got a seat next to Matt. He looks really kind. “Good morning everyone.” My father said and he wrote his name on the blackboard. “Alaric Saltzman. It’s a mouth full, I know. It doesn’t exactly roll of the tongue” He said and he started telling a story about where he came from. “Oh God.” I mumbled and I put my head into my hands. When the class was over, I wanted to walk out of the classroom as quick as I could, but my dad stopped me. “Can I talk to you?” he said and I nodded at my friends as a sign they could go. “Look, I know this might get awkward, because you don’t want your friends to know that I’m your father, but you shouldn’t be ashamed of who you are, Olivia. You are such a beautiful girl, you don’t even see it yourself.” He said and I looked awkwardly at my feet. “You can go now. Have a nice day.” He said and I smiled at him. I walked out of the classroom and I saw Caroline, Elena and Bonnie waited for me. “Hey, you waited?” I asked them. “Sure, we can’t let you here all by yourself. Friends don’t do that.” Elena said and I gave them my first real smile in months. “Okay, I have one question.” Caroline started. “Is mr. Saltzman your dad?” She smiled and I nodded. “Okay, I just wanted to know.” She said and we walked towards our next class. “Well, maybe this new start is actually good for me..