Chapter 26- How to Save a Life

I set the last tart on the table before Kyoya came over and said "That's perfect Izumi."  He smiled at me before leaving me again.  It was interesting how Kyoya had actually been genuinely nice to me.  I hoped it wasn't just because of the anorexia.  

A couple months had passed from the incident.  I still would see Dr. Wu, just for check ups on me mentally.  I was beginning to be fine.  

However my parents weren't doing well.  I could see that they wouldn't talk to each other often.  They would constantly have projects or something on.  My dad in particular became a workaholic.  All he would do was work.  I could only imagine what my mother was feeling like.

I pushed back some of my hair before sitting down on a chair by the window.  I sipped at my tea, looking out onto the partially cloudy day.  They had been calling for rain but the clouds just seemed to be holding back as if they wanted to ruin just one specific moment.

I silently sat just gazing at how they seemed to move, seeming to slowly darken the sky as if something was coming.  Like it was waiting.  

"Izumi?  Can I talk to you for a sec?" Tamaki asked and I turned from my spot.  "Oh sure." I said getting up following Tamaki.  I felt a knot begin to twist around in my stomach, however I tried to keep my emotions at bay.  It was probably nothing.  Don't freak out so much Izumi.

Tamaki lead me to the back of the room, as he stopped and turned around.  I didn't smile however.  I could sense something was wrong.

"Listen Izumi….I-I uh….." Tamaki said, as if the cat had gotten his tongue.  "Tamaki spit it out." I said. "I've just been thinking about us." "Okay…?  What about us?" I asked leaning against the wall. 

Tamaki finally got it off his chest.  "It's just…..I feel like we're falling apart.  I can't help but notice it.  I don't know why it's falling apart….it just….is, and I don't know if you want to try and fix it our just to-" "It's fine.  Just say it's over, and then it's over." I said simply.

"Wh-you're just gonna end it that quickly?" Tamaki asked, flabbergasted.  "Do you think I'm asking to get hurt Tamaki?  Besides, I know we're getting nowhere." I said.  

I braced myself and said "Tamaki just try and make it quick."  Tamaki paused biting his lip.  "Izumi I want to break up." he finally said before I sighed and said "Ok.  I want to too."  

Tamaki nodded swallowing and I tried to hold everything in.  Tamaki leaned forward giving me one last kiss.  It was long, lingering and gentle.  Finally he pulled away slowly.  Part of me desperately wanted to grab his face and smash our lips together again, see if we could really make it work.  

But the second he pulled away I knew that it was over.  Gone.  For good.  And forever.

"I love you." he whispered in my ear, as I stood stiffly.  Then, he walked away.  I was surprised I didn't cry at all in that moment.  I then silently walked out of the club, and they didn't question it.  I guess they thought I was grabbing something.

I walked outside, the clouds above taunting me before I felt the first droplet.  Then the next.  A downpour was what a couple drops turned into and I ran through the fresh puddles to head to….well ANYWHERE.  

Finally I stopped, and it happened to be the courtyard where me and Tamaki had our first kiss.  I sighed as I sat out in the bench as the rain continued to pour all over me, as I became a soaked mess.

I'm not gonna lie when I was there, I cried a couple tears.  I mean who wouldn't?  Even when I got home I did break down a little.  I guess it had stung, but I knew that there was no point into putting so much effort, and time into something I knew would just be broken anyways.