Chapter 12- The Suou Household

I stood in front of the grand door.  Oh.  My.  God.  This was the Suou residence?!  It was- an ESTATE!  Even MY house wasn't as big!  And both my parents are big in their businesses!  But then again, they have 3 kids to spend it on, especially Daiki and his chemo and radiotherapy.

I then sighed and thought, alright Izumi, you can do this!  It was like walking down the catwalk, just take a deep breath, and dive right in.  I grabbed the gold lion head knocker, gently tapping twice, and I waited.

Then the door opened slightly, to reveal a shorter, old woman.  Perhaps a maid or something?  No, she looks like….some chief of staff or something.  She then opened the door fully and said "I'm expecting you're Mistress Izumi Yokisha?"

Oh wow Mistress?  Fancy title!  Maybe Tamaki had that done for me?  I nodded.  "Yes, I'm here to see…" "Master Yuzuru?  Master Tamaki said you had some business to do."  I nodded replying "Yes." 

She then opened the door fully and ushered me in, and once the door closed, my mouth nearly dropped.  If the front door was big, this was even bigger!  The front hall itself was a sight.

The stairs were even grander than mine, having the same idea as the Von Trapp mansion, in beautiful white marble, and a beautiful scarlet carpet running up the hall to it.

The chandeliers hanging from the ceiling sparkled, and the walls of the hall were a cream, with Victorian style trimming and panelling going around the hall.

Next thing I knew, Tamaki came rushing down the stairs and he then said "Hey Izumi!" "Hey Tamaki." I replied smiling.  But just as Tamaki got to the bottom of the stairs, the maid (or was it something else?) then said "Master Tamaki, I am not having you greet a guest in your pyjama bottoms!"

Tamaki and I looked down to see his pj bottoms on, and then turned deep red and went rushing back up the stairs and she muttered "He's not quite the brightest young man." And Tamaki then came back down a minute later in jeans.

"Thank-you Shima." he said nodding curtly and then Shima said "Now Master Tamaki, may you please show your manners to your guest?  And don't forget to take her to your father at noon!"

Tamaki sighed and said "Thank-you, again, for reminding me Shima, now we'll be off." and I followed Tamaki up the stairs, taking the left set and going down the corridor

"So is Shima…." "She's our head of staff." he replied and he then continued "She wants me to be fine gentlemen, and helps me with that sort of thing.  She actually helps me when it comes to my hosting skills."

I nodded and we continued down until Tamaki stopped at a room.  The door was an eggshell white, and had white trimmings around it.  He then turned the crystal doorknob, to reveal the room.

I immediately could tell it was a bedroom, and I then realized it was Tamaki's based on a couple of the pictures around it.  The mirrors surrounding it, were tall, beautiful and clean, with ornate pieces all around the room.

The bed was a huge king-size, even bigger than mine!  The sheets were pristine, but they seemed like they had been tousled around a bit.  I looked at the tall Victorian windows, letting the sunlight light up the huge room.

I walked in fully, and went over to the windows to look out to the golf green lawn.  "Nice place." I said slowly walking over to the bed, the sheets a crisp snow white, as I sat on the edge.  "Thanks" Tamaki replied sitting next to me.  

I looked over to the bedside table.  There, a couple pictures were there.  A picture of the host club, a picture of a young Tamaki, and then the last one was one in a gold ornate frame.  It was Tamaki, perhaps a couple years ago, with another woman.