Chapter 5- Whoops!

"Tamaki I brought you some of the new cakes our new pastier made.  He's from France, and I was wondering if you would like one of the cakes…." the girl started giving a plate to him.  Tamaki flipped his hair up and said in a dreamy voice "I would love to my dear…."

He put his finger just under her chin, lifting it up so her eyes met his.  The girl blushed and murmured "You're so romantic….."  Click.  The picture was taken and I took a look at it before I snuck over to the twin's table, where they entertained their guests.  

I went around, immediately ready if I heard the girls pretty much having emotional meltdowns over what the host did or whatever.  

I didn't have enough pictures of Tamaki, so I ended up having to stand near the window seat taking pictures from there.  The last group of customers had come in and I had been blessed to watch Setsu getting hosted by Tamaki individually.  Wasn't it a group session?  And is she still trying to make me jealous? 

I asked myself that question, but shrugged it off, and instead focused on taking the pictures.  I took a couple from a distant, but I needed some close up  action shots.  Did I really have to deal with Setsu probably being all "Why are you here?" and whatnot, but I was getting paid for this.

I went over and sat a couple feet away from them, but it still wasn't close enough.  I walked over completely and basically sat across from them.

Setsu and Tamaki were deep in conversation, but when I came Setsu snapped her head at me, and glared.  Tamaki was still talking to her, so Setsu turned over and continued to act like she was having a good time, even though right now she wanted to kill me, and was stabbing me in her mind.  But I was doing the same to her.

Soon I was done taking pictures and I got up, and took the tray with me, since the club was going to have to clean everything up.  Just as I walked near Setsu's side of the couch, I felt a foot catch mine.

Whoops!  I tripped over the unknown foot, and the tray flying forward with the tea cups clattering and shattering into a millions pieces, and hot tea spilt everywhere.  I was face planted onto the floor, hard, and was then drenched in tea and chocolate icing. Then to make matters worse, a bunch of ice water came over my head- I'm talking ice cubes and all!

I sat up and wiped my face of the mixture of water and icing and then checked if my camera was okay.  Thank goodness it was in it's case.  I then looked up to see the twins holding the jugs of empty water.  

Why would they do that?!  I ignored that thought as I looked at the floor then and saw a huge mess.  What would Kyoya say?!

Oh damn it!  First day on the job and I already get to humiliate myself.  Setsu then turned around and gasped "Izumi!  What happened?"  I wanted to tell her what happened.  

The fact that she PURPOSELY stuck her foot our.  The fact that she MADE me trip, so that I had a chance at getting fired.  But most of all, she wanted me to be humiliated, in front of everyone for dropping the tray all across the floor.

I stood up and wiped some of the cake icing and crumbs off my dress.  I then flipped my drenched hair, which was already threatening to frizz up, and said "Alright, if the camera's good, then I'm better."  Kyoya came over and said "Are you really okay?"  

I then shook my head looking down and replied quietly "No."  Kyoya then had my face in his hands, as he examined it, turning it slightly to the left, and right, checking for any cuts or scrapes.  He then put his hands near my chin, using two of his fingers, so that he could get a better view of my face.

I was about to slap his hand away, because he was running his finger over a spot where a bruise was probably going to form, and it was hurting like crazy.  I whimpered softly and before my hand reached my face so I could move his hand, he put it back down by my side.  

He held it for a moment, squeezing it, and said soothingly and quietly by my ear, "Shh…..just let me help you….I promise, I won't hurt you….."  I nodded.

"Where does it hurt?" he enquired turning my head again as I replied sarcastically "If I face planted into the tiled floor, then pretty much my entire face hurts."  

Kyoya looked me in the eye, while pushing some of the damp hair out of my face, and said "So you tripped…."  I nodded and said "I probably caught on some loose tile on the floor or just out of thin air."

He cocked his head to the side, still holding my chin, and murmured "Izumi, you're not that clumsy.  What really happened?"  We gazed at each other for a while.  Silence consumed the room for that minute, which felt like an hour.  Time seemed to freeze.  

I swallowed hoarsely, I opened my mouth to say something, but I bit my lip and then shook my head, stepping back out of Kyoya's grasp and then mumbled out "I'm gonna…..go and um……uh……change.  Out of this."  I then spun on my heels and ran out, turning beet red.

Ayane came out after me, cutting her two hosts, the twins, off short.  I went to find my bag, with my extra dress in.  I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom to get changed.  

As I changed, I thought of the way Kyoya was caressing my chin, and my face, and how gentle he was.  Why was that?  He seemed a lot tougher than that!  Maybe he really did have a soft spot…..?  And what if it was for me?  Oh Izumi don't be an idiot!  After I changed completely, and I came out a couple minutes later.

Crap I forgot the bag and camera!  I still had a couple minutes till class.  I would make it on time.  Ayane said that she would see me later, while I ran down the halls and I skidded to the door of the music room, turning the knob as fast as I could and bursting in.

Kyoya and Tamaki looked up from something and saw me out of breath.  Kyoya held up my bag and camera "Was THIS what you were looking for?"  "Yeah actually, it was." I said and walked over, snatching it from him.  Maybe snatching wasn't a good idea…..double whoops.  Mental note to add to the rulebook, be nice to Kyoya.

Kyoya raised an eyebrow and said "So Izumi….would you like to pay for the destroyed tableware?"  Oh great!  Not only that, maybe he really didn't have that soft spot that I thought he did.  I nodded and replied "Listen, sorry for destroying your fancy china, but I can't do much about it.  If I need to, I'll pay."

Tamaki then put his hand on my shoulder, and said "Izumi.  I have a feeling you didn't trip on purpose, or even by accident.  Someone made you trip.  I'm pretty sure it was Setsu." Crap, Setsu was gonna come after me.

"Are you sure?  You can't just go around pointing the guilty finger at everyone.  Besides what would Setsu and me have anything to do with each other?" I said lying through my teeth.  I didn't want to admit it.  I have no idea why.  

Tamaki then said "Izumi….don't lie."  I sighed and said "Alright Setsu hates me.  Okay!?  I hate her guts too, but I sometimes wonder why in the world she's after ME.  I don't know what I did!"  It all came out.  Triple whoops. Ugh, today really wasn't my day!!

Tamaki then murmured by my ear "Do you want me to do anything?  Tell her off or something?"  I looked down and shook my head.  "I'm not letting a stupid girl like her get to me." I said confidently as I then walked back out.