Chapter 3- Modern Family

"Izumiiiiiii!!!!" 6 year old Mei yelled as I called "What is it?" I looked up from my drawing of my bedroom.  It was assigned for us to draw our room in two perspectives, and I knew I needed to get it done in two days time.  But I wanted to get it done and out of the way.  After all, I really wanted to be an interior designer.  

Plus my parents weren't against it.  They actually supported it.  Most people would be shocked, but the thing is, it would help our family name.  It's all in about success.  And I, personally, think I've got it.

Mei was standing at the door.  She was a little shorter than Honey, and had my brown locks of hair.  She however, had bright meadow green eyes.  She skipped over and said "Can you help me?" "With…." "Piano?  I can't understand the last couple bars.  Could you help?  Pleaseeeeee….." I nodded and went down the grand staircase with her.  We then walked into the huge all bleach white living room, with a shiny black grand piano.

She sat down on the bench and pointed to the bars.  I took one look at them and said "Alright, so here's what you have to do…." I played the last part with the hint of perfection and Mei's eyes widened.  

"Can I REALLY do that Iz?" "Of COURSE you can Mei!  Or else Mr. Rorisha wouldn't have given it to you!" I said giving her a pat and I then said "Just practice it a few times.  Then you'll get the hang of it."

I then remembered the assignment we had gotten in Photography class.  To take pictures of people in motion, or doing something.  I figured I could do it now.  I went and grabbed my camera and took a black and white shot of Mei playing the piano, and then took a colour one, then a sepia one, just for good measure.

I smiled at the pictures when I went upstairs.  She had a face of pure concentration and focus, and was placing her fingers in different positions to see if it would work.  But another picture had the fusion of joy and discipline.  She had gotten a part of it, but hadn't gotten the rest, so she was trying again.

I then heard a tap at my door.  Who was it this time?  I walked over and opened it, to see my 11 year old brother Daiki at the door.  

He wasn't too far off from me, since he was 5 foot.  He didn't have any hair on his head.  The reason for that was because he had leukaemia, and because of chemo, it made all of his black hair fall out.  He stayed home, since he would be checking in and out of the hospital all the time, and we knew that it would be too much stress, pressure and judgement if he went to school.  So we kept him at home, where he had a private tutor, and James to help take care of him.

"Hey bud.  What's up?" I said giving him an air pump fist.  He smiled, returning it, and replied "Just wanted to see you.  Oh!  And I also came to ask how Ouran was."

I laughed and replied "You remembered that?"  He nodded.  "I saw you come in with your new uniform.  The one that you probably borrowed.  Did you make any friends to get that?" he said, rapid firing me.

He sat down at the edge of my huge king sized bed.  I sat down in my swivel chair and said "Well, I did make a friend, her name's Ayane.  There are a couple other people, since I have to work with them in class.  Oh!  And I made guy friends too!  They're a part of the host club there at the school.  They asked me to be their photographer."

He nodded, smiling.  "Nice." he said "Yeah.  I made an enemy too." I said laughing.  He looked shocked.  "What happened?  Why would that person hate you?  You're usually nice!  Why did you do something that ticked her off?" "No!  She was just being selfish and bitchy!  She thought I was going to steal some guy, and that I was also going to steal her popularity." 

Daiki replied "Well, no offense Iz, you probably couldn't." "Actually I could." I interrupted as he said "How?!" "Because the guy she likes seems to have taken some interest to me.  Not interest as in like, but….you know what I mean."