Chapter 19- Fairytales

Everything after that kind of just flowed like water.  I didn't really voluntarily do anything.  I just changed and ran out, making sure my eyes were clear as I got in the car, and James went home.

I opened the door but then slammed it shut.  Thankfully mum wasn't home, so she couldn't lecture me about being careful with it.  I didn't even bother saying hello to anyone, and just ran up the stairs to my room, slamming the door and shutting everyone out.  And that's when I cried.

I knew I had blown it.  I knew that all those months of hard work of trying to get Tamaki to like me had just crashed and burned.  I was nowhere now.  To be honest, it was worst then my previous mishaps.  

Getting up the next day was hard.  I didn't want to go to school.  I didn't want to face Tamaki…or anyone for that matter.  I just felt like physically and emotionally I didn't have the strength to do it.  I was just drained.

I however put on my perky happy face and went into school with my head held high.  But I felt like some robot.  I wasn't even feeling anything as I was going through my day.  I just felt…empty.  Everything in the day though was fine.  Until lunch.

I walked into the club meeting.  I tried to focus on what Kyoya was telling me, but I looked over to Tamaki to see him distracting himself just fine.  He seemed to want to make me jealous, as he hosted the girls at his table, being overly affectionate with them, especially with Setsu.  

Obviously Setsu sent a look my way, as if she were saying "Take that."  But I didn't think about that.  I avoided his table however, while taking any pictures.  But that didn't stop me from looking over once or twice.

This continued on for the next couple days.  We gave each other the silent treatment the entire time.  The others noticed, but didn't say anything about it.  They suspected we had argued about something.  But they didn't know anything.

But each time I saw him, and I would look at him, and then he would end up looking at me too.  Our eyes would lock, just for a moment, and in that split second I would feel the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.  For a split second I would think that he would smile at me, and something good would happen, he would talk to me again.

But instead he would just turn away to only smile at a guest, and I would feel my heart drop to my stomach, and I would just turn away, trying to tell myself he wasn't worth it.  

But he was.

The twins begun to catch on that this wasn't any ordinary silent treatment.  This was like a silent war.  And they didn't know what had happened.

On day three of our silent siege and said "Izumi, what's up?" "The sky?" I sarcastically replied as I smudged some of the pencil for my shading.  It was an after school club meeting, and Tamaki was running to get something.

"We MEANT, what's going on between you and the boss?" they said and I replied "Nothing." "Why aren't you speaking to each other?" "Why do you care?" 

Haruhi then came over and said "There's something going on between you and Tamaki-senpai Izumi.  It's almost like you two have had a fight or something."  I sat there, as I paused.  Should I tell them?

"Listen it's nothing that you guys need to worry about." I said quietly.  Honey suddenly came over and said "Izumi you and Tamachan need to make up!" 

"There's nothing TO make up though." I said as I leaned back in my chair, looking at my sketch of the roses in the vase in front of me.   The roses just made my stomach clench, as I remembered about my corsage.  My corsage just replayed Tamaki's expression.