Chapter 20- Lemon Meringue Slushies

It was interesting having Tamaki as a boyfriend.  At first, we didn't tell the guests, and I think we figured it was best not to.  Tamaki knew what the girls were like, so we kept quiet.

Truth was, it didn't stop him from being a caring boyfriend.  He would still wrap his arm around my waist, give me a peck on the cheek, and it would go unnoticed.  Usually.

But people see things, and they talk, and things happen.  Bad things at that.

I remember I was with Tamaki at lunch, and we were eating in the school's grand cafeteria.  But let me tell you, it's no ordinary cafeteria.  If it was, you might as well consider it a dump.

It was nicely set up, tables with crisp white tablecloths, china plates and tall windows letting the sunshine filter in.  

From the menu, was an array of options, suited to all sorts of lactose-free or vegetarian that was needed.  No greasy french fries here!  And should I forget to mention that the kitchen staff was a line of fine cuisine, French chefs?

I remember I was sitting with Tamaki and the other hosts.  Ayane was gazing at the twins.  Things had been slightly rocky between them, and I was desperate to try and cheer Ayane up.  I guess Ayane was their Cinderella too.

I then said "So we'll have a meeting after school tomorrow?" "Yes.  We're thinking of doing another dance of some sort.  Or have some themed day that our hosts will put on their cosplay." Kyoya said typing away at his laptop.

"Please don't do the Fiji theme again." Haruhi muttered and I nodded and said "Try something different.  What about you guys be knights…knights in shining armour…." "Hey, I thought you already had one!" Tamaki joked and I giggled and said "I know.  And I'm pretty lucky at that."

Tamaki smiled and gave me a quick peck on the lips.  I then stood up and said "I'll be right back."  

I brushed the ruffle in the skirt of my dress, but the second I turned around I felt something smash right into my face.

The entire hall went from a chattery environment to a ghost town in the drop of a hat.  I didn't even hear the scrap of a chair.

I wiped whatever had gotten in my face way from my eyes, and opened them to see non other then Setsu, holding a tin.  A tin for a pie at that.  

I tasted whatever was on my lips and could taste the sour hint of lemon.  I could see the outline of white whipped cream on the tin.  Had she actually just mushed a lemon meringue pie in my FACE.

She then smiled, cocking her head to the side and said "Whoops.  Didn't see you there Izumi."  I swallowed the lump in my throat, as well as all the things I could say to Setsu right now.

"Well aren't you going to say anything?  You usually have a bitchy comment to come back with.  Or did I just leave you speechless?" Setsu said ready to laugh in my face.

I was stiff but I then said "No.  You didn't.  But let me tell you something Setsu.  The last time I checked, you were bragging about your 20/20 vision."  She then said "Are you sure you didn't just get in my way?"

I felt like punching her in the face.  I then said "What's pissing you off today?  What did I do to you that made you lose it…again."  Setsu stiffened up and then said "Well don't be such a whore Yokisha.  You're going around stealing all the guys and pretending its ok."

"I'm NOT a whore Setsu!  Who did I take away from you?" I said, even though we both knew.  Setsu then cracked, and snapped "You think Tamaki likes you?!  You think he gives a damn about you!?"

Her voice seemed to echo in the cafe.  I swallowed wondering if I should just fight back.  I didn't want to seem weak and back away.  But instead I stepped closer to her and quietly, but firmly said "Setsu, you don't know anything about Tamaki and his emotions.  I don't know everything about him, but I do know that he likes me.  Neither of us can control that."