Chapter 24- Brutal Love

I twisted the cap of the under eye concealer.  I began to roll it under my eye.  However the amount I had put on had done little to conceal my sleeplessness.  Last night, I had only slept a couple hours.  Probably because I had first of all, tried to finish off my sketch, and then tossed and turned for most of the night.

I put a bunch more on, blending it in, before throwing it back down.  I grabbed everything, my bag suddenly feeling heavy in my arms.  I however, threw over my shoulders, before going down the stairs.

I walked past everyone, just heading to the car silently.  I sat down, and James then said "To school, Ms. Yokisha?" "Yes." I replied coldly before grabbing my earphones from my jacket pocket and shoving them in my ears, turning the music up.  Loud.

The sleeves of my jacket tickled my wrist, as I pulled them over, feeling the coolness of the weather creeping up on me.  My stomach started to make noises, but I ignored it.  I hadn't been feeling hungry these past couple weeks.

The car ride was slightly long, and it was excruciatingly boring.  There was a fog that had settled, and we had run into a bit of traffic, but thankfully we got right past it.  Finally when we arrived, I threw my bag over my shoulders, before stepping out the limo.  A cold wind picked up, whipping my hair in my face.  

I pushed it out of my face, and walked forward, head held high.  I tried not to show the fact that I was slowly sinking into a pit of depression.  I didn't want to show anything.  I just kept smiling.  Well, at least around the host club.  The rest of the time, I just kept a straight face.

"Hey Izumi!" I heard Honey call happily behind me.  I turned around and took out my headphones, smiling at him.  "Hi Honey." I said, a grin on my face.  He ran up to me and said "Isn't it terrible weather today?"  I nodded and agreeing "Yeah it is.  Are you excited for our meeting?  I'm finally gonna show you guys the picture books!"

"I thought Kyochan told you not to do it until you felt you were ready after the funeral…." Honey started before I waved my hand and said "No, no it's ok.  I felt up to it, and besides it was nearly done in the first place!" Lie number 1.  "Not only that, it was kind of nice to take a break from my homework, it was like a good sort of distraction" I explained, and Honey nodded, somehow believing my second lie.

"Anyways, see you around Izumichan!" Honey said before running off.  He was cute, and I had to admit, it was nice to have his happy and bouncy attitude.  But sometimes it did little to cheer me up.

Classes went by as usual, boring, long, and of course everything in-between.  Setsu tried to call me out in the halls, but of course, I wasn't having it, due to my earphones.  Ayane however, would walk beside me, and talk to me as I just replied with the typical "Mhm, yes….oh really?  Yeah.  Ok.  Mhm." 

Next thing I knew, lunch rolled around, and I went to the music room.  Although there were so many people around me, and so much noise in the environment, it didn't stop my mind from feeling like I was alone in some vacuum.

I walked into the music room, throwing the doors open before the club suddenly whipped away from their huddle to see who had entered the lair.  "Hey Izumi!" the twins chirped.  They never were like that.

"Um hi guys…" I said before shutting the doors, and walking over to them.  "So Izumi, Honey said you brought the picture books?" "Yeah well they're just the first print, so that way I can change stuff up." I said, as I reached into my bag and brought out the seven picture books. 

"Oh wow!" Honey exclaimed grabbing one of the books, beginning to flip through the shiny sheets.  Thank goodness my mom had connections to a printing company.