Chapter 21- Getting By

"Hey guys!" I said cheerily as I entered the meeting.  "Well you seem awfully cheerful today!" Haruhi said, and I then joked back "Hold back some of the sarcasm there!"

Haruhi then said "Actually that wasn't sarcastic…." "Yeah, don't worry I know." I said before plopping myself down on the couch, throwing my bag onto the ground.  I looked around.  Tamaki wasn't here.  He was never late!  I just figured he might be held back by one of his teachers.

"Alright everyone!  Can we all get it together!" a high pitched voice screeched behind me.  I felt like my ear drums had burst and I was about to bleed out of my ears.

"Hey there Izumi!" Renge suddenly said, plopping herself right beside me.  RUDE MUCH!?  I gave a fake (nothing like Setsu's) and convincing smile.  "Hi Renge." I said and she then said "Well are we hoping to get another edition of the picture books out?  We should probably start planning right away…."

"Actually we were about to discuss this today at the meeting." Kyoya suddenly said, popping out of nowhere.  "We were?" I asked, taken aback.  Why was it that I was always the last to find out about stuff, and yet I was the one who needed to know it?

Kyoya nodded and said "Well, then we might as well begin planning!  We need to figure out the pages, templates, actual pictures, themes and such, as well as price!"  He was listing them off his clipboard, before he finally flipped back the paper.  "We need to also make decisions on the covers obviously!" Renge added.

I tried to absorb all this information, even though I felt like it had all gone through one ear and out the next.  But I then regained myself and focused before saying "And when's our deadline?" "Oh don't worry.  It'll be for next month.  We might as well try to get them done as soon as we can."

I nodded before putting it in a note in my phone.  I knew that I was going to have to fit this somehow into my already busy schedule.  I then looked up and said "So is that our next major task?" 

"Mostly.  We're going to need to hold a photo shoot however with the club, so that we can use them throughout the book.  We don't just want pictures of them in action." Kyoya said, as he wrote that down on his clipboard.

I sat there, staring off into space.  "Sorry everyone I'm late!" Tamaki suddenly said, as he burst through the doors.  We all turned around.  "You're never late boss!" the twins said simultaneously before then Haruhi said "Senpai what took you so long?"

"Nothing much.  It was crowded in the hallways.  And today, our class was on the other side of the school in the west wing." Tamaki said quickly, before setting his bag down, and sitting on the other side of Renge.  Although he really wanted to sit beside me.

Renge suddenly stood up and said "Anyways, let's catch Tamaki up on what he missed!  Kyoya, would you do the honours?"  Tamaki immediately shuffled over to me.  "Well, we're planning on doing a photo shoot for the picture books.  We're planning on having them ready to print in a month's time." Kyoya said matter-of-factly.  

Tamaki nodded and said "So when are we planning on having this 'photo shoot'?"  Kyoya suddenly looked up at me and said "I'm pretty sure Izumi had an idea of when.  Didn't you?" "I did?" I asked, completely confused.

"Well, after all, you are going to get us equipment aren't you?" Kyoya asked adjusting his glasses.  I felt myself fuming up a little.  Just because I was the photographer, it doesn't mean I needed to do ALL the picture book work on my own!  I however kept my mouth shut.

"Well, I could easily begin working right now.  The sun's at a good position, which I can use really well.  Then my camera's perfect for this job, since it'll automatically adjust to the setting.  If I think I need anything, I'll bring it in myself.  We hopefully won't need the full equipment." I said, sounding quite smart in my opinion.