In The Zone - EG

The girls sat down together in the lunchroom, eating their food and discussing their own things. Rainbow leaned over to Rarity.

"So, you made it this time, Rares. How's it feel?" Rarity spit apple juice out of her mouth, eyes going wide.

"What?!"

"Yeah," Applejack joined in. "You made it to the second round of Track and Field."

"That has to be a mistake-"

"Nope!" Rainbow held out a page that had the qualifiers names on it. Rarity's name was there. She stared at the page, wide-eyed. "It's awesome, right?!"

"No..." she grumbled. Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash gasped, for they were the only two who ever qualified and were proud of it. "Unlike you two, I'm not an athlete. I can't compete against others!" She started out annoyed, but her voice grew into fear.

"Sure you can." AJ put a hand on her shoulder. "You compete in fashion shows. What's the difference?"

"The difference is, I'm not an athlete."

"You'll be fine! And hey," Rainbow cheered. "We passed for the same event!"

"What?!"

"Isn't it great?!"

"That's worse!" Rainbow sat back in her chair and pouted.

"It'll be okay, Rarity." Pinkie Pie joined in. "Just do what I do and don't even try!" The three competitors frowned at her. "What?"

"Oh, I wish we could go, too." Fluttershy commented. "We'll still support you, even if we aren't there in person." Rarity couldn't help but smile.

"And if it makes you feel better," Pinkie started back up. "Whether you win or lose, you're still number one in our books!"

"And hey," AJ joined. "It's four days before we're back out there."

"Four??" Rarity panicked.

"Aw, you'll be okay." Dash soothed. "It's really not that bad."

Four days later:

Normally, Rarity would've been fine, just relaxing in the sunlight, but something told her to do her best. She felt something about the athletes; something that gave her courage where she wasn't used to having it. She waved to Rainbow Dash as they'd beat Applejack there.

"Hey, Rarity!" Dash called, sitting on the grass by her bag. "You excited?"

"Eh, not really." Rarity knelt down to her level and opened her bag, taking a blanket out to lay on the grass. "I know this means a lot to you and Applejack, but I can't help but feel... nervous."

"It's alright. That happens for some people." Rainbow helped Rarity lay out the blanket as Applejack arrived.

"Hey, ya'll. What'd I miss?"

"Nothing, really." Rarity sighed. Applejack took her seat, creating a triangle shape with their positions.

"So, Rares." Dash started, grabbing their time sheet. "We go on in about two hours. Then, Applejack an hour after that."

"And that's it?"

"Well, not quite. Just the gist of it. Applejack and I have more events, but you just have the one." Rarity sighed in relief. "Speaking of, I got one in ten minutes. You guys wanna go?"

"Sure. Why not?" Applejack agreed. Rarity gave in as well. The three started their way across the field, waiting at Rainbow's race.

Rainbow stretched her muscles as she waited on her lane. Her friends were already cheering her on.