Sister's Or Not

Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash took their sisters on yet another camping trip. They had fun on the first day, but the next, everything got heated. Each pair of sisters was throwing shade at one another, yelling and insulting. However, Rarity, Applejack, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom managed to take it too far. All at once, they screamed at Rainbow and Scootaloo.

"YOU TWO AREN'T EVEN SISTERS!" The two froze, the other four realizing their mistake. Scootaloo teared up. Rainbow Dash recalled how hard it was for Scootaloo to tell her what she felt towards her. Scootaloo ran out of the cave they were camped in, Rainbow watching her run.

"R-Rainbow-" Applejack started. Dash immediately shot her head back, rage covering her entire face.

"Don't." She warned. "Just. Don't." Dash raced out, running on hoof after Scootaloo. "Scootaloo! Scoot?" She found the filly silently crying by the falls she rescued her from the last time. Dash walked over and wrapped a wing around her, allowing Scootaloo to huddle in close. "Hey, don't listen to them, okay? They weren't thinking about what they were saying."

"Are we?" Rainbow stared down at the pegasus under her wing. "Are we sisters?"

"Of course we are. Not by blood, but we'll always be sisters, Scootaloo. Whatever anypony else says, I'll never leave you." Scootaloo hugged tightly back, tears still escaping her eyes.

Hoofsteps could be heard from behind and the girls turned around. When they saw the four ponies, Scootaloo shut her eyes and turned back. Dash rose to her hooves and widened her stance.

"Why are you here?!" She snapped. "I warned you," she said, darkly. The girls glanced at each other.

"We're sorry." AJ stepped forward. Dash opened her wings as a shield.

"Not good enough."

"We didn't mean what we said. We were all angry and we just needed to let off some steam."

"We understand it's a sensitive subject," Rarity joined in. "But we truly are sorry." Rainbow continued to glare, but Scooaloo's cried softened.

"Please," Apple Bloom cut in. "We feel just awful about the whole thing."

"We promise we didn't mean any of it." Sweetie Belle pitched in. "Scootaloo?" Dash took a small glance back at the hurting filly. The two crusaders made their way over slowly, letting the girls know they meant no harm. Dash was hesitant to step aside, but she knew just how close the three really were.

"Dash?" Applejack said. The pegasus turned to her, unintentionally giving the crusaders some privacy with their conversation. "You know we weren't serious, right?"

"Coming from 'honesty' herself? Yeah, no sweat." She said, sarcastically, locking her eyes on the girls behind her.

"Rainbow Dash, we never should've said what we did. We couldn't control ourselves." Rarity defended, stepping forward. "Forgive us. We couldn't be more sincere in our apology." Dash slowly looked back. She contemplated what she should say or even feel. But when she heard the soft sound of laughter behind her, she peered back, noting smiles on the three fillies' faces. She looked to her friends.

"Fine." A small smile crept up her face, just hearing the girls behind her. She honestly felt such a close bond with the smaller pegasus, she barely even realized before that they really were like sisters. "Just for Scoots, though." Applejack and Rarity smiled, the three of them joining in a hug.