Rainbow Factory

The six ponies had been hanging out, going on trips, solving friendship problems for a couple weeks. One of these weeks was not like the others. Rainbow Dash walked into the map room where the others were sitting.

"Hey, Rainbow." Twilight said. "We were just wonder-whoa."

"What?" Dash asked. Twilight leaped out of her chair and raced over to Rainbow Dash.

"Dash, what happened to your cutie mark?" The others got up and walked over as Rainbow Dash looked at her flank. It was the same cutie mark, but the cloud was almost pitch black and the rainbows colours had faded.

"Oh, i-it's probably nothing. D-don't worry about it." She covered one with her tail and turned the other side away. "So, why-why are we all here?"

"It's not important. Dash, what happened? This isn't normal!"

"It's nothing!!" Rainbow raised her voice, startling her friends. "I-I mean, I'm just gonna go." Twilight held Dashs tail with her magic, keeping her in place. "Twilight, let go."

"Not until you tell us what's going on."

"I. Told. You. It's nothing."

"Rainbow," Rarity stepped forward. "We just want to help-"

"I don't need help!!!" Fluttershy hid behind Pinkie Pie, who took a step back.

"Now listen here, Rainbow." Applejack started. She was about to continue, when Rainbow Dash yelled at them again, doing her best to fight against Twilight magic, flapping her wings as hard as possible.

"LET ME GO!!" Rainbow Dash looked back, her eyes shimmering a dark red. Twilight dropped her spell, fear in her eyes, sending Dash flying away on a flash.

"Something is definitely going on."

"Twilight!!" Fluttershy shouted, barging into the map room, tears pouring from her eyes.

"Fluttershy! What wrong?!" Twilight raced to her side.

"It's Rainbow Dash!" Twilight called everyone to the map room and allowed Fluttershy to explain to all of them. After hearing it, everyone froze. No one was sure what they were hearing, but Fluttershy would not and could not say such a lie.

After a while, Applejack spoke up.

"Would you mind... i-if we saw for ourselves...?"

Fluttershy lead them up to Cloudstale, the Earth ponies riding in the hot balloon. They stopped outside the weather factory. They peaked through a door, finding Rainbow Dash and a bunch of other pegasi doing work. It was odd, seeing the place so dark. Normally it'd be blue and white and very cheery, but in this room, it was dark red and black and grey with tanks shimmering of all colours in the distance. The machinery was frightening and loud. They saw other ponies, earth ponies and unicorns, sitting down, huddled together on the bottom level of the factory. One of which was strapped in a mechanism which held them from each hoof, suspending them in the air, on the nest level.

Rainbow Dash stood beside another pony, smiling, as he pulled a lever. Something emerged from the roof, pushing forward into the stomach of the trapped pony. The unicorns muscles relaxed, her eyelids falling over her eyes. The clamps let go, dropping her harshly to the floor, her colours seeming to have faded completely. The pony who pulled the lever carried her over to the conveyor belt, letting her roll into a box in the wall. As she fell in, a large block of iron collapsed onto her, crushing her the moment it let loose.

The five ponies were speechless. Speechless and on the verge of tears. They ducked back behind the door.

"Contain yourselves everypony." Twilight ordered, shaking beyond belief. "It'll be okay. That's not our Rainbow Dash in there..." She stopped. "That's not our Rainbow Dash!" Twilight didn't think. She was scared and confused and barged into that room. Rainbow Dash glared as she heard the slam of the door. Everypony in the room stopped and turned to face the ponies at the door. "Rainbow Dash!" Twilight called, anger in her shaky voice. The pegasus flew up to her, getting there in less than a second.