Medicine - EG

Rainbow Dash burst through the door of Fluttershy's house. She stumbled, hands bracing tight to her stomach.

"Fluttershy!!" She cried, straining every muscle in her body to get the name out. She collapsed against a table. What she'd forgotten was that Fluttershy had their friends over for a tea party. She had told them that she would cut it short and clean herself up before heading over after her morning run, which usually fell at around noon.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie were in the kitchen, grabbing plates and other things when Dash barged in. The two girls dropped everything and raced over to their friend, calling the other's down in a panic.

"Rainbow Dash, oh my God!" Rarity said, helping her to stand. She and Pinkie noticed the blood covering Dash's arms and clothes and froze. "What happened?!" The two helped her over to the couch just as the others came barreling down the stairs.

"Ugh," Rainbow grunted as she fell onto the cushions. "I-I... uh, I dunno. It all happened so fast." Fluttershy pushed passed the girls and looked at Rainbow's condition.

"Girls! I need a couple cloths, a bowl of water, bandages, peroxide, and a needle and thread." No one hesitated to grab the supplies requested. Fluttershy had always been a fanatic when it came to medical business. Her and Twilight were always hard workers with this sort of thing.

Fluttershy grabbed a pair of scissors that Twilight had snatched and began cutting through Rainbow's shirt, removing it completely. Her stomach revealed a bullet wound, lodged near her belly button and just under her ribs. Twilight covered her mouth while Fluttershy stared, dumbstruck.

When the girls returned with the necessities, they shared the same reaction. Fluttershy shook her head clear and quickly reacted.

"Okay, s-someone get me some tweezers." She ordered, still regaining her composer. Pinkie raced upstairs to grab the item and came back in two seconds flat. Twilight pitched in and gave Rainbow Dash something to bite. More like she forced it into her mouth. Rainbow was confused, but disregarded it as Fluttershy began speaking again. "Okay, Dashie. This is going to hurt, but I need you to be strong, okay?" Rainbow Dash grew worried, but Fluttershy moved her eyes down to her stomach.

Fluttershy moved the pair of tweezers down to the bullet-wound. Rainbow Dash hyperventilated to what her body found possible with that bullet lodged in her stomach. Fluttershy decided not to waste time and reached for the bullet. Rainbow Dash screamed as the tweezers made contact, the cloth she bit keeping her voice muffled.

Applejack was quick to give her a hand to squeeze. Rainbow held it tight, AJ's hand turning purple very fast. Fluttershy continued to struggle with the bullet, cringing at the amount of blood piling onto her hands. Rainbow Dash's eyes released tears as her cries of anguish carried on.

"It's okay, Dashie." Pinkie Pie soothed, hints of panic in her quivering voice. "It's okay."

Fluttershy pulled her arms up, the bullet caught between the tweezers. Rainbow Dash's screams turned into pained grunts, although her breathing refused to settle. Applejack rubbed the back of Rainbow's hand with both her own, holding tight as Pinkie sat by the arm where Dash laid her head. Rarity stood farther back, finding the situation too painful to watch.

Fluttershy reached beside her and grabbed the bottle of peroxide. She slowly tipped the bottle, Rainbow Dash's breaths intensifying. As the fluid struck the wound, Rainbow Dash shouted, her body arching in pain. The burning sensation slowly faded, remaining only slightly as Fluttershy put the bottle back down.

"Needle," she commanded, staying as calm as possible. Inside, she was terrified of doing something wrong. Rainbow Dash watched in fear as Fluttershy strung the thread through the eye of the needle. When set, Dash threw her head back, knowing exactly what would happen.