Hard To Get

You were the only thing he couldn't get his hands around. While he could catch, tricks and more any beast, gentle or violent, he couldn't do it to you. How he tried through out the few years he had at Hogwarts, trying to gain some sort of attention from you, but you only would cut him a glance and continue your walk to potions class or some other subject, leaving a Newt to only begin thinking of other ways to gain your attention. Even through the years of working at the ministry, he would fallow your sauntering hips, trying to talk off all the brace things he did, even if he was a stuttering mess and you were trying to mail a few howlers out to be able to reach some Hogwarts students that were caught using magic outside of school and underage. "Newt, that is lovely.." you automatically spoke out, heels clicking against the marble grounds, tucking a strand of your curled hair behind your ear, dress swishing around your legs as you made it to the ministry  owls, Newt taking to petting one of the plain and simple barn owls. "How's your mother Newt?" You questioned, wanting 'tis tray from all the 'I did this crazy thing' or 'that crazy thing too' it didn't seem like the Newt you use to know...who simply tried to do your homework. "Oh? She's still breeding Hippogriffs, you should have seen them! I visited her a while back and she babies, sure are very smart creatures." He said, a now interested look sparking up in his eyes. "Weren't you the one who always got in trouble for having animals at school? Tell me a story about some strange creature that you discovered." You offered, he quickly moving to help tie the howlers onto the owls. "I once found a group of pixies! That didn't end well." He explained, a laugh coming from you, along with many others as he told you things that you seemed to now be interested in, Newt soon clearing his throat "I really do enjoy talking to you...would you mind joining me to the Leaky Cauldron?" He questioned, you giving out a little gun before nodding your head. "I guess....let's see I'm free after work for the rest of the week, I only work the day shifts this time...so maybe..." Newt finished it off for you with "Tonight? At let's say..7:30? I'll pick you up?" He asked hopefully, you nodding your head, a tiny blush crawling on your face as you sent the owls on their merry way. "Great! We have a date." You said, dusting your hands off. "A date? No I always that you were playing hard to get my whole life!" Newt bluntly stated, you letting out a bit of a laugh as your hips sauntered out as your long legs carried out of the little owlry. "Hard to get? Love....all you did was try to act like some guy who screwed around their whole lives, I wasn't going to try to play hard to get or try to GET with someone like that....but Don't worry, I saw through that little disguise of yours." And with a giggle, you left Newt, who was quick to go running after you, blush burning his freckles cheeks as he followed like a lost puppy and also with feeling quite dumb that he acted a certain way all these years and it only turned you off instead of making you fall head of heels for poor Newton. Rubbish is all he could say, complete and utter rubbish.