Christmas Break

"Newt..."
No answer.
"Come on Newt don't look so down....you have a butter beer right in front of you!"
Sill no answer from your dear friend before you. You two sat at one of the rickety tables at The Three Broomsticks. A lovely place to meet up with friends and have a butter beer to warm up from the cold weather outside. Though today was very gloomy, thanks to your friend Newt across from you. The Hufflepuff was just upset over the loss of a creature....Professor Dumbledore saying it would be best to let the creature go in the forbidden forest where it belonged and had family to be with. He knew exactly how to phrase things to make Newt do something, but that didn't stop Newton from being sad over the lost friend. "She was just a little baby....what if the others bully her? What if they don't like here?" He questioned frantically, wringing the end of his scarf in his hands as he took in deep breathes to calm himself, gaining a tiny roll of the eyes from you, though none the less reached you hand over to set t upon his shoulder "Newt! Your raised her to be strong, for the short period of time you had her, she will be fine.."
"What if she misses her mum?"
"Well she's going back to her mother, right?"
"Her mother is me!"
"Oh..." you went silent, bringing you butter beer up to your lips, taking a little sip. "She'll be fine...no need to worry, now come on, let go to Honeydukes."
And with that you were getting up, grabbing ahold of Newt's hand to tug him up and drag him out of the cozy building and to the winter wonderland outside, dragging him down the street and to the famous candy shop where many of the student's favorites were sold. "Now...I want a couple of chocolate frogs, I still need Helga Hufflepuff's card in my collection." You mumbled out, already searching the quite busy store for your wanted candy, Newt following close behind you, soon taking to grabbing onto your hand, which of course you didn't mind as you finally found the chocolate frogs, motioning for your dear friend to hold out his arms for you to start pulling them down and set in his arms to hold. Soon enough you bought the things you needed, trudging through the snow and back to the castle where now the both of you sat in the hall at one of the long wooden tables, starting to open up all the things the two of you bought in your outing at Hogsmeade. "We leave for christmas break tomorrow Newt..." you mumbled as you watched the Christmas tree be placed up, Newt nodding his head "Would you...like to come over to my place for Christmas? My mom has been bothering me to invite you over"
"Your mother knows about me?"
"Well yes I write to her and talk about you to her."
Newt was silent, soon placing a card in front of you "I'll start packing.."
You watched him walk off before flipping over the card to see the much wanted one before you.