The brunet narrowed his eyes away, as if embarrassed, "thank you.." he muttered, sliding his fingers slowly on his feet.

Bill only nodded and sat back.

Dipper placed his head on his knees, his face on him, "what are you doing here?" He muttered, words rather not understandable.

"An honest answer?" Bill whispered, he grins.

Dipper bites his lower lip, thinking. And Bill begged for God again to let this temptations stop right now or else he'll lose himself in the middle of this pep talk. However, to make his situation worse, Dipper noticed his uneasiness. This struck him worried.

"I'm sorry.. Did I say something wrong?" He mumbled, scared.

Bill flinched at that suddenly. He panicked, waving his hands in front of him, "oh-- oh no no!" He said, "you didn't do anything wrong, I promise." He smiled clumsily. The one who has fault here is definitely him, why does he have to be this way?

"Are you sure?" The other whispered, so quiet that it almost meant for it as a secret.

He nodded, grabbing his hand to stop it from holding his'. "Definitely." He answered, he looked around, trying to find of a topic, "you.. you seem quiet today." He hesitantly stated.

Dipper only looks down, his hands on the blanket. He wasn't sure what expression he's wearing right now. He doesn't know how to feel right now. He knows he should be screaming, even if this person is someone related to him. However when he told him his name. He was-- okay. Just that. Now, he isn't sure what to answer.

He fiddle his fingers, "I-I don't know why--" He stammered, nervous. His hands clenched on the sheet covering his legs, "i'm confused as you are.." he muttered.

Bill smiled apologetically at that. "It's alright, I understand." He said.

Dipper stared at him. He wasn't sure what to do now. Although he is sure that he'll negotiate later on, telling him to calm down and meet the others, to talk to his sister. It's not like he's doing it on purpose. As if everything how he react right now has a switch. And now, when Bill said his name. An unknown switch flipped on and because of that switch, he is like this now.

His hand fidgeted.

"I know this is a stupid question but how are you, Pine Tree?" Bill asked, concerned.

"Weird.." Dipper muttered, showing a light smile on his face. That smile made Bill happier than he can ever be this month. He automatically returned the smile with one his sweetest one he can muster at this moment, "t-that's fine! It'll be really weird at first.." His voice slowly turned into whisper noticing that he yelled.

Dipper smiled more at that. For some odd reason, he think thats their roles are switched now. He feels more like Bill, who can be calm, can be cool. He feels oddly like him today. And for what he is observing now, Bill looks like him. A wreck. He chuckled at that. Which made Bill melt at that sound, oh God how much I missed that.. He blushed.

"It's a good kind of weird, though.." Dipper followed, sighing.

"That's good." Bill said, smiling.

Dipper gave him a hesitant smile.

"Hey, Pine Tree.." The blond whispered, slowly. Dipper looked at him, as if, he wasn't already. This made Bill nervous a bit, he ran his hand at the back of his neck and said, "i'm sorry."

"What for?" Dipper asked, but deep in his mind, he knows why.

Bill clenched his jaw, forcingly himself not to shout. "For doing something.. that I know it's traumatizing to you-- I-I didn't know what was I thinking.. I snapped it wasn't like me--"

"It really wasn't you."

He felt more guilty, "I-I won't do anything like that anymore-- so please--" He looked at him, eye to eye.

"Please come back."

Dipper softens. For once, his mind didn't told him what to. For once, his heart wasn't screaming at him. For once, he felt he's in control to what's going to happen next.

With this new found confidence, he lift his hand and asked:

"Place your hand on mine." He whispered, softly.

Bill flinched, unsure of what's happening. He sweat dropped, "a-are you sure? You'll get--"

"Do what I say, Bill." Dipper pressed with one cheek puffed.

With that response, Bill has no choice but to follow. He hesitantly lift his hand and placed it on top of his'. But still not landed on Dipper's palm. He's shaken, he feels like if he place it, Dipper will turn hysterical again. His chest thumped. I don't want to hear his screams. Bill thought, terrified.

"Bill, look at me." Dipper ordered.

Bill complied and looked at his warm eyes.

"Do you trust me?"

"I do." Bill answered without any hesitance.

Dipper smiled at that, "then please.." He whispered.

Bill swallowed, not breaking eye contact and let his hand landed on the other's palm. He can feel Dipper shake and that made him shaken too, he wanted to move away but Dipper didn't let him, "j-just let it be!" He exclaimed, "I-I'm getting used to it.." He said. Bill nodded and just placed his hand there.

"Why are you doing this?" Bill asked.

Dipper let out a shaky laugh. Why do I, huh? He forced his fingers to move and enterwined them to Bill's fingers. Bill froze at the action and stared at it wide eyed. Dipper is still shaking but didn't move away.

He met his eyes, "I don't want to be afraid anymore."

*=*

Ces: *epic ending scene* tbh i wanted them to have an forehead touch but ehhhhhhh-- take things slowlyyyy

Ya'll begging and i feel so soft, so i give u this cake

Words: 1637