Ch.17: Undercover Work [Prt.2]

Start from the beginning

Heisuke smiled shyly, before gulping down the cup of sake. "You're dressed up in such beautiful clothes, but only for other men to...Aah! I can't bear it!" He shouted as Y/N's eyebrow twitched. "That's why I'm against this plan from the beginning!"

"Heisuke are you jeal-?" Y/N was cut off by the young man suddenly standing up and opening the door.

"I'll go find and beg Kondou-san and Hijikata-san. You stay and don't leave this room, OK?" before Y/N could respond, Heisuke had already run down the hall.

"That boy is such a mess." She chuckled and shook her head as she stood up to close the door, pausing as soon as a hand stopped the door from moving. "You." She gasped as she took a step backwards at the sight of Kazama.

"Bring some wine here." He ordered her.

"Excuse me?" Y/N glared at him, and he smirked.

"I'm tired of their monkey business and slipped out to get some fresh air." He explained as a group laughed from a nearby room. "Drinking with those jerks is great disrespect to wine."

He's really full of himself. Y/N's eye twitched.

"Be hurry, you are the geisha here, aren't you?" He glared at her, and Y/N looked startled, before completely composing herself.

"Yes, please wait a moment, I am going to prepare wine right now." She said, hoping to keep up the act if he hadn't recognized her yet.

"How strange, you don't speak like a geisha." He pointed out as he sat in the room.

"I apologize, I am new here." Y/N forced a kind smile. "I was transferred here from (country)." She explained.

"I don't recall (country) having geishas." Kazama pointed out with a serious look.

"Yes, well, we're called something different, but it's all the same." Y/N kept a calm composure as she continued to smile at the man. Even though she had a strong urge to spit in his face.

"Right, enough of your tricks, foreigner." The devil called her out. "Do you think I would fail to recognize you?" He questioned as he leaned towards her.

Y/N gasped and pressed the palm of her hands against his chest as she attempted to push him away as Kazama leaned close to her face.

"If you know who I was, why pretend?" She harshly responded, in which only caused Kazama's smirk to widen.

"Your beauty truly is worthy of my hand in marriage, my possessiveness towards you grows even stronger now." He stated as he grabbed one of her wrists and pulled her close to his chest and gripped at her chin.

Y/N continued to glare at him. "As if I'd marry a damned pervert like you! Now let me go!" She ordered, not even trying to get free of his grasps as she wasn't stupid and knew that he could easily snap her wrist if he wanted to.

"You should be proud of my compliment, not so hostile. Humans truly never change in time." Kazama stated as he moved his face closer to her own. Just as Y/N was sure he was about to kiss her, he immediately let go as a 'whack' was heard.

"Sen!" Y/N exclaimed, relieved at the sight of the familiar female who looked annoyed while holding tightly onto a fan.

"Behave yourself!" Sen shouted at Kazama. "Y/N-chan, run." The female then looked at Y/N seriously.

"I can't leave you alone with this guy, Sen, he's a-" Y/N began to decline, before Kazama angrily shouted at Sen.

"You bitch!" He growled out.

"What?" Sen glared at him in reply. "Y/N-chan, if you trust me, then please leave him to me. You still have to fulfill your mission." She stated.

Y/N stared between the two, unsure, before she nodded her head in agreement and reluctantly left the room quickly.

"Hey, wait a minute! I'm not done with you yet!" Kazama shouted after Y/N, who ignored him as she went to the room she was supposed to be in to begin with.

"The man who always clings to women won't be welcomed." Sen's sentence seemed to catch the green-blond haired male's attention as he glanced back at her.

"What?" He questioned, still annoyed.

"It's just normal that your behavior annoys Y/N-chan. She's not like the other girls around here, after all." Sen stated.

Kazama sighed and sat back in his spot from earlier, as Sen and Kimigiku sat on either side of him, and he poured himself his own wine.

"Chikage Kazama, you don't know how to court a woman at all." Sen told the man in an annoyed tone.

"Oh? You want to lecture me on courting women?" Kazama responded bluntly, as he was obviously not interested, and he took a sip of the newly poured drink.

"Yeah, whatever. You must be well raised as the leader of your family, and also with a nice outward appearance, so you must think women will all crawl to get close to you. But, you never think about what women want." Just as Sen began to feel like she were getting somewhere, she glared at the red-eyed male. "Are you listening?" She snapped.

"Well, what did you say?" Kazama questioned, causing Sen to look tired.

"I said have you ever considered what women want?" She repeated herself.

Kazama rolled his eyes and put his cup down. "Nonsense. Why would I ever need to consider such things?" He asked the female devil.

"She ran away! After her!"

"Stop!"

"Anyway, you didn't come here for Y/N-chan today, right?" Ignoring the shouts just outside the door, Sen sternly watched the other devil.

"Damn it, where is she?"

"So what?" Kazama responded, picking up his cup and drinking from it once more, before he gazed at Kimigiku. "You don't pour wine for the guest?" He questioned.

Kimigiku seemed surprised, before she picked up the bottle. "Here you go." She said and poured the wine into the cup for him.

"As I thought, you were trying to understand the purpose of other states, and then Y/N-chan showed up. You thought she had walked into a trap and were going to capture her for yourself. What happened next would be absolute. And you are not serious about that." Sen spoke as if she knew Kazama's exact reasoning.

"This wine is not strong at all." Kazama glanced at Kimigiku.

"Be honest, what do you really think of Y/N-chan?" Sen interrogated.

Kazama downed another cup of the wine, before grinning. "Y/N L/N..."