Chapter 1

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

~

"Wow! This airport is sooo big!!" Kaelyn shouts running off the airplane and inside the terminal with Pikachu. "Yeah it is." Serena says in awe. "Kaelyn don't get too far." Ash says catching up to the two girls. Pikachu turns around and Kaelyn runs back saying sorry and grabs Ash's hand. "But there's so many people.." Kaelyn says whimpering.

Kaelyn turned out to be a shy girl. She isn't comfortable around too many people. Ash and Serena found this out during the Pokémon league and the Grand Festival over in Kanto. "Hey it'll be alright. You got me and daddy to stay with you." Serena says with a soothing voice and Kaelyn smiles.

They three make their way through the crowds and eventually make their way outside. "Wow. So this is Lumiose City huh." Ash says looking around while seeing a large tower. "And that's where the gym is. That's Prism Tower" Serena adds pointing to it.

"But before we do anything we have to find the Professor. What's his name again?" Ash asks wondering. "Professor Oak says his name is Professor Sycamore." Kaelyn answers with a sweet smile. "Right. Well where should we look first?" Serena asks wondering having no idea where to look.

"Well lets walk around. Maybe someone else knows." Ash says grabbing Serena's hand. Kaelyn was holding his left hand and Serena holding his right hand. Pikachu hops onto his shoulder. They all start to walk away from the airport into the city. As they walk Serena slowly begins to lean against Ash putting her head on his shoulder.

Every time they pass a group of people Kaelyn hides her face in Ash's arm and whimpers softly. Eventually they reach a park and walk around. "Well we can't find it." Serena whines looking up to Ash. "Oh cmon, what's our rule?" Ash says looking down at her. "Don't give up until it's over!" Kaelyn says happily and giggles.

"That's right." Ash and Serena say and both laugh. "Well where else should we look?" Ash asks looking around. "Ashy I'm tired of walking! We've been walking for hours!" Serena complains sitting on the ground. "Kaelyn is younger and you are the one that's complaining." Ash says with a chuckle.

"Alright we can rest for a little bit." Ash and Kaelyn sit next to Serena and relax. Pikachu was running around still being energetic. "Well we need to find a place to look." Ash mentions looking up at the blue sky. "Oh my gosh! Look it's a Pikachu!" The three hear a little girl yell.

Ash Serena and Kaelyn all look up and see a girl with shiny golden-blonde hair tied in a side ponytail with an orange band, and sky blue eyes. She was wearing a brown short-sleeved top with a soft black bow on the neckline, knee length black leggings covered by a puffy white skirt resembling a cloud, some pink colored shoes on her feet and a yellow shoulder bag.

The girl looked at Pikachu and looked to be admiring him. Pikachu tilted his head and she squealed. "Bonnie how many times do I have to tell you not to run off like that!" They hear a boy yell. He was running slowly even though he looked to be older then her.

He had the same hair as the young girl. It was messy with a lightning-bolt shaped tuft of hair sprouting from the top of his head. He wears large round glasses which obscure his eyes, and a blue jumpsuit with a yellow collar, and yellow stripes on the knees and bottom cuffs. He is wearing a strange backpack his back.

The girl runs up and picks up Pikachu. "I am so sorry!" The boy shouts upset at the little girl. "This is my little sister Bonnie, and my name is Clemont." Bonnie squeezes Pikachu and Ash opens his mouth to say not to but it was already too late. Pikachu uses thunderbolt shocking the girl who was named Bonnie.

Bonnie falls backwards on the ground and Pikachu quickly bows its head apologetically. "Bonnie are you alright?!" The boy named Clemont shouts walking next to her. "Yeah.. I'm just shocked it all.." Bonnie says with a little giggle. Kaelyn was hiding behind Serena but lets out a small giggle herself.

Ash gets to his feet and walks over to the siblings. "I'm sorry for that Bonnie. I wish I had told you not to squeeze him. He only lets my daughter squeeze him." Ash tells Bonnie who is sitting up again. "Oh don't worry about that. I just love seeing new Pokémon! I'm not old enough to have my own yet so I love when I meet new ones." Bonnie says with a smile.

"Bonnie now you apologize." Clemont tells Bonnie. "But why? I liked squeezing him!" Bonnie shouts and she turns her head. "You may have liked it but did Pikachu?" Clemont asks and Bonnie frowns shaking her head. "Pikachu I am so sorry.." Bonnie says upset but Pikachu nuzzles her leg showing she is forgiven.

Serena tries to stand up but Kaelyn has her arms wrapped around her waist and won't budge. Ash turns around and sees a look on Serena's face saying help. Ash chuckles and grabs Kaelyn away from Serena. Kaelyn lets out a little scared cry and runs behind Ash when she sees Bonnie looking at her. "Oh cmon Kaelyn she's friendly." Ash says with a sigh.

"Clemont, Bonnie, the two girls you see are my girlfriend Serena, and our adopted daughter Kaelyn. My name is Ash." Ash says introducing himself and the two girls. Bonnie tilts her head to the side and approaches Kaelyn. "She's really shy at first Bonnie when meeting new people." Serena says sweetly and Bonnie nods.

"Hello Kaelyn. My name is Bonnie! Do you wanna be friends?" Bonnie asks with a smile but all Kaelyn does is whimper and hide her face in Ash's arms. Kaelyn looks at Bonnie again and she is still smiling which makes Kaelyn want to be friends. "U-um.. okay.. we can be friends." Kaelyn says taking her face out of Ash's arms and smiling softly.

"Yay! Do you wanna go play?" Bonnie asks and Kaelyn nods. "I like playing Pikachu tag. Do you wanna play that?" Kaelyn asks and Bonnie squeals in excitement. Kaelyn walks up to Pikachu and tags him. "Pikachu you are it." Kaelyn says softly and Pikachu starts running around. Kaelyn runs off with a giggle and Bonnie starts running too. Pikachu was running after them.

Ash, Serena, and Clemont sighed as the two young girls are running around with Pikachu. "If Kaelyn is usually as energetic as she is being, then Bonnie is going to be a bad influence." Clemont says with a small chuckle. "I'm not worried. She's probably not going to be as energetic as Bonnie anyway." Serena says looking at the two running girls.

"Hey do you know where the Pokémon lab is?" Ash asks Clemont who simply nods. "Of course I do. Anyone from the region knows what part of town Professor Sycamores lab is." Clemont responds. "Do you kind taking us there after Bonnie and Kaelyn stop playing?" Serena asks and Clemont nods again. "Of course." Clemont responds.

After Ash, Serena, and Kaelyn arrive in Kalos, they have trouble finding the Pokémon research lab, but end up running into siblings Bonnie and Clemont in a park who say they know where the Pokémon lab is. Do the siblings actually know where the lab is or are they just saying they do? Heck they probably do know where it because they live in the city for gods sake. Find out, as the Journey Continues..

~

Word count 1299

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I will be alternating between this book and my other, Be Mine. It is set for 25ish chapters and already 8 are done and once that's done I might just work on this, or work on this and another. Idk yet. But please if you want go read Be Mine if you haven't already and give it a chance