I opened my eyes to see Aisha standing over me looking worried,

Aisha: Oh my god, I thought you were dead!

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes once more,

Me: No, I'm fine leave me.

Aisha: Have you heard? They found Wayne's body in the woods.

My mouth became dry and my words stuttered as they came out my mouth,

Me: R-Really?

Aisha: Yeah, wait why aren't you at school?

Me: No reason. I thought you were still mad at me for sleeping with your boyfriend.

She kissed her teeth and went into the kitchen, I followed behind her and leaned against the island,

Aisha: Piss off Shayna, shouldn't you be at the hospital with your abusive boyfriend?

Me: No, I'm ill.

Aisha: Whatever, look yeah I still haven't forgotten what you've done so don't try beg frie-

I started laughing holding onto the side,

Me: You are joking init? Please tell me your joking. What don't you understand, I haven't done anything!

Aisha: So you happen to have an identical twin yeah? Sket.

Me: Grow up. Your 13, and you've got a man who's nearly 18 it doesn't make you big.

Aisha: Yeah well I don't get fucked about and treated like shit, I can actually stand up for myself yanoe.

She pushed past me and went up to her room slamming the door shut, stupid bitch. I couldn't waste my time and energy on her she was one stubborn person who NEVER listened to anything I said. A few moments later the front door opened and my mum walked in with Mia.

Mum: You okay Shay?

I nodded and hugged both her and Mia taking my stuff up to my room I collapsed onto my bed staring at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and thought about anything that could just take me to a happier place for at least a few minutes of my life, anything. At home it was depressing, my mum was still crying over my dad. Aisha wasn't talking to me and Mia? I felt distant from her.

I tied my hair into a ponytail and took my towel with me to the bathroom.

A while later I came out and changed into some grey nike tracksuit bottoms and a white vest top. I wasn't impressing anybody so there was no need for me to dress up.

I lay back on my bed and closed my eyes, just hoping everything would go away.

I woke up to banging on my bedroom door and my mum storming in looking worried,

Mum: Shay? Love, the police are here to speak to you.

I rubbed my eyes and blinked hard so everything could sink in again, police? Why would they want to speak to me?

Me: Um, what's it about?

Mum: It's about Joel.

I jumped up from my bed and walked towards my bedroom door, shocked.

Me: Is he okay?

Mum: That's what they'd like to talk to you about.

She looked as though she was trying to hold back crying, tears started blurring my vision and I quickly wiped them away so they wouldn't fall. It could be good news, I was just worried. Something didn't seem quite right, nothing did. I used all the strength I had to take myself downstairs and into the living room, I sat down opposite the two police officers and they smiled warmly at me.

Police Man: Shayna, we have news about Joel's disappearance.

I started blankly at him waiting for him to carry on,

Police Man: Well, we'd like you to erm...

He coughed and looked back up at me sympathetically,

Me: What? You'd like me to what?

Police: Identify a body.

My eyes widened and my mum left the room, the tears I held back started spilling down my cheeks quickly. I kept blinking and telling myself I didn?t hear well. Surely he didn't mean there was chance Joel could be dead. Now I thought of it the more I wanted to vomit, I got up and ran to the toilet and emptied the contents of my stomach in the toilet bowl, the tears wouldn't stop falling as I continued to sob silently.

There was a knock on the bathroom door, I ignored it and sunk back against the wall. Aisha walked in and sat down next to me, with her arm round me.

Aisha: Shay, it will be okay I promise.

I screwed her and wiped my mouth with the tissue she gave me,

Me: You don't care Aisha, so don't pretend you do.

Aisha: I do, I'm still pissed at you though.

Me: For doing what? Nothing? Kmt.

Aisha: Shayna, there's enough proof you done it so don't lie.

Me: Shut the fuck up.

She looked shocked, but she did so anyway. I stood up and washed my mouth out, brushed my teeth and cleaned around the toilet; Aisha sat in the bathroom watching me,

Me: Haven't you got something else to do?

She cleared her throat and stood next to me,

Aisha: Shay... why did you pick Wayne?

My throat went dry and my mouth opened slightly. I didn?t know exactly why I chose Wayne over Joel, surely some-one else could have helped him, but no I decided to stay with him like a prick. I pushed past Aisha and went straight into my bedroom; I locked the door and stayed in there, sinking down to the floor with my head in my hands, crying silently. For hours on end the banging on my door wouldn't stop, no-one would leave me be but I didn't know what to do. I couldn't go and see if the body was Joel's it was killing me inside.

I was screaming out for help that no-one could hear or understand, it sounded like another language to them and me too a language only Joel would understand, in between sniffs words which sounded like a whisper escaped my mouth,

Me: Please, come back.

Before I knew it my eyes shut and I fell asleep in the same position.

Commentttt !! :)