Trust: Chapter 5

I blinked a couple of times for my vision to adjust; I couldn't quite get round it all. Drugs? Nathan? None of it made sense. I would never do a thing like that yet here I am being accused, I didn't know what to do. Tell him I didn't do it? Although he wouldn't believe me, I had to do something. Slowly, I started walking backwards as he got closer to me, his nostrils flaring and him screwing me at the same time. I knew I wasn't getting out of here without a fight. I picked up the nearest thing, which was a steel ruler and threw it straight at him, causing him to duck. I sprinted as though my life depended on it, I sprinted out of the classroom, down the corridor, out of the playground and half way through the woods were I stopped and searched through my bag for my asthma pump. My chest felt tight, and I was taking small and quick breaths. I emptied out the contents of my bag onto the floor and searched for the pump and it wasn't there. I tried to tell myself not to panic and everything would be okay, maybe I misplaced it and it was in my blazer, I searched through all my pockets and still nothing was there.

Me: Argh, shit!

I gathered all my stuff and I heard sticks crack behind me, I turned around and no-one was there. I squinted my eyes as I thought I saw something; nevertheless I turned back around and continued packing my bag still trying to breathe.

Voice: Missing something?

I turned around to see Wayne standing there throwing my asthma pump up and down in the air and smirking,

Me: P-Please, give me... my pump.

I tried to make the sentence as short as I could as I felt as though I was going to pass out any second, I was barely breathing. His smile grew even wider as he saw how much I was struggling.

Me: Please... I can't breathe.

He shook his head and continued laughing, he started walking towards me and pushed me against the tree,

Wayne: So you tried to hit me yeah?

I shook my head unable to reply to him,

Wayne: Why you lying to me Shay?

I screwed him in disgust,

Me: It's Shayna.

Wayne: I can call you what ever the fuck I like.

Without a second thought I picked up the nearest object and knocked him unconscious, i picked up my pump and took several breaths until my breathing went back to normal. I was still panting as the blood tricked down his head onto his shirt. Checking no-one was near I dragged his unconscious body into a bush and left him there, picking up my bag I sprinted all the way home. Not bothering to stop because I couldn't breathe. Not bothering to take a second look back and feel some regret and remorse, I felt nothing. Infact I felt empty.

I unlocked my front door and threw my bag on the floor I pushed my hair out of my face and sunk to the floor crying.

Tears wouldn't stop falling from my eyes as I hyperventilated. I done what I thought was best, it went all so quickly I couldn't get my head round it all, my phone kept ringing and I wouldn't answer it after a while I blocked it out and the only sound I could hear was my cries and screams. No-one could help me, there was no-one left. I had no-one. I wanted Joel and yet he wasn't here and that was my fault, I could have changed things it could have been me and him together right now yet I chose Wayne knowing what he would still do to me, I could have escaped all of this if I only I had made the right choice.

I looked up at the clock and saw the time was 2pm, I rested my head against the wall and before I knew it I drifted off...

?: SHAYNA?! SHAY WAKE UP!