Chapter 18: The Interrogation: Part Two

"You were his best friend, you should know where he was." Jack said.

"I'm sorry what were we saying?" I asked.

"Don't play dumb. I know that you remember exactly what happened that day so why don't you just tell me!?"

"That day...oh yeah, about that. I wasn't there when it happened so you should just pull in Jewels and ask her questions instead of me!" I yelled.

"We would if she was tied to the murders of a whole family and the death of two other people. Or the disappearance of her brother."

"I'm not connected to Aiden's disappearance. I have no idea where he went." I said sorrowfully.

"Very well. Then can you at least explain why you were at the camp yesterday?"

"Uh ye..yesterday..?"I stuttered.

"Yes last night, Jewels told us she saw you sneaking around, so why were you?"

"I had forgot that that had only been yesterday. I didn't realize that today was the same day as when I awoke to grass, trees, and blood. Oh no blood! I bet that is why I'm really here. They know what I did. Okay just calm down Sennon, maybe they don't know and it is just a coincidence." I thought to myself.

"I...I was just trying to remember what happened." I said trying to think of what to say.

"Hmm, well did you know that we found a body last night?"

"What? Who was it?" I asked nervously.

"One of your friends, Caitlyn Lancaster."

"Caitlyn?! No way, what happened?"

"She was mauled to death by some type of animal. But the real kicker is where she was found." He said.

"Don't tell me, the camp?!"

"Precisely, and it looks like you're running out of friends."

"I just can't believe it! I...I never should have went back."

"It's too late now, like I said, the past is the past. It seems to me like you are cursed." Jack answered.

"That blood, could it have been Caitlyn's? Did I...did I kill her?" I thought to myself.

"No, no way. I couldn't have..." I said freaking out. I stood up from the table and began pacing the floor.

"You couldn't have what?" He asked.

I ignored his question. I began to drift back to that terrible Christmas Day. The day when I discovered Aiden's family dead.

I could hardly sleep after Aiden vanished. Not knowing where he went drove me crazy. I stayed up till at least two, before finally falling asleep. I had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen. I texted Aiden asking him why he left, but he never replied. So then I texted Isaac. He of course didn't reply either but I figured that he was already asleep. He isn't a night owl like Aiden and I are. He prefers waking up early to go hunting so he usually is in bed by nine pm. It wasn't like Aiden to just leave without saying goodbye or even to ignore my messages. I worried so much that I eventually fell asleep.

I awoke to bright sunlight shining in my face. My window was open and I hadn't remembered opening it. I stood up and clumsily walked over to it nearly tripping over a pair of shoes in the process. When I had reached the window I noticed something odd. The necklace Aiden had given me was on the windowsill and behind it was a white envelope.

I picked up the envelope and began examining it. It was plain as could be. The only thing on it was two initials, AG.

I then opened it and began reading the letter:

Dear Sennon,

I am sorry to leave you with such a cruel note, but such things happen when one loses everyone they love. I never should have bothered you and I know it is my fault they are gone. Now I must rid the world of me and save you from the beast inside. Goodbye my friend.

Love,

Aiden.

"He lost everyone he loved? He wants to save me from the beast inside? Rid the world of him? What had he meant by these?" These questions filled my thoughts.

"If you ask me, I'd say it was a suicide note." A voice rang out echoing through the room.

Jack was now standing by the door talking to another officer. He turned to me when he caught a glimpse of me staring.

"What do you think?" Jack asked showing me the letter.

"It.....it's....the letter!"

The letter he had shown me was the exact same one that Aiden had wrote me. How he managed to get it, was beyond me. I thought I had thrown it away, but I must not have.

"It was wasn't it? Aiden killed himself after he found his family all dead. You knew didn't you? Why didn't you say the he had ended it?"

"How did you get that?" I asked slowly.

"I have my ways, but you shouldn't be worrying about that. This new evidence proves that you didn't kill Aiden, do you know what that means? It means that you're innocent!"

"No it just proves that I couldn't save Aiden or his family! I'm guilty of failing him. I should have been there for him, but I was too late." I replied.

"Sennon, you can't control the choices people make. Sometimes wrong choices are made and bad things happen. There is a natural balance making it to where bad things never last too long. Unfortunately this is easily overlooked by how terrible things can get. In your case the death of your parents and Aiden. It is awful what happened to them, but deep down you know that they are never truly gone. Just keep your head up kid, sometimes that's all you can do in these situations." He finished with a smile.

"Now, I don't see why I should waste anymore of your time. You're free to go." Jack said gesturing to the door.

"Thank you." I replied and headed for the door.

"Wait, let me talk to the other officers first." Jack said and he headed out the door.

He soon came back and said, "They will take you where you want to go."

"They?"

"Malcolm and Chase. I assume you know their names they did come and pick you up."

"Oh, yes of course. I've met them." I replied.

"They are waiting for you by the door."

"Thank you." I said again before walking out of the room.

I was about to face my biggest enemy once again, Jewels Griffin.