Chapter 22: The Confrontation

The room fell silent for a second before Aiden let out a cry of pain. The bullet had pierced his left bicep and had caused him to crumble to the floor. Every bone in my body seemed to ache at the sight of Aiden in pain. I hated seeing him in so much agony. I wanted to run to him and try to comfort him, but Willow beat me to it. She quickly knelt down and began talking to him to keep his mind of the bullet wound. I could easily make out every word she spoke: it was as if she had been speaking into a microphone, "I thought I told you to leave. Why did you come back?"

"I...wanted to...protect you." He stammered before coughing up blood.

"I didn't need your protection!" She argued.

"You...were about to...die."

"You shouldn't be so reckless Aiden."

I could feel my face heating up and I just couldn't control myself anymore, I let the tears run down my face. I may have just killed my best friend: sure I didn't pull the trigger, but I did cause Isaac too! I looked at Isaac who had still been standing in the same spot with a look of extreme worry and helplessness in his eyes.

"Isaac...I'm sorry." I muttered.

His eyes remain locked on Aiden and Willow across the room. Tears began forming in his eyes, "Aiden!" He cried out. He fell to the ground in a fit of rage. I could tell that Isaac hated himself for pulling the trigger. He had just shot his brother, and the possibility of Aiden dying was just too much for Isaac to bare. He slammed his fists into the ground all while yelling, "Stupid, stupid! How could I do that to him?! I'm such an idiot!"

"Isaac..." I said walking over to him. I placed my hand on his shoulder, "it's not your fault."

"I shot him!" Isaac retorted. He grabbed my arm and stood up, "You don't understand! All I wanted was to bring him back, and now what am I supposed to do? Bring back his corpse?!"

"He's not dead yet!" Willow shouted, "have faith in your brother, Isaac!"

Isaac glared at her, "I do have faith in him; however, if you would have just told us where he was, we may not be stuck in this situation right now!"

"Oh so now your blaming me?! I wasn't the one who pulled the trigger!"

"You knew where he was!"

"So what if I did? Did you ever stop to think about why Aiden left? Did you even consider his feelings?!" Willow argued.

"Of course I did! Why else do you think I am here?! I want to prevent him from making a mistake that could cost our whole family."

"How selfish! Do you not have any sympathy for your brother after all he has been through?" She declared.

"All he has been through! What about me? I was the one who had to deal with the fact that a wolf attacked my brother. Then Aiden runs off not saying anything to me but instead he leaves a suicide note to his best friend. He didn't even bother to say anything to his own brother! Why is that? Huh Aiden! Why would you leave Sennon a letter and not even say anything to your own family!" Isaac yelled.

"I...I thought you were dead." Aiden answered.

"Dead?! How could I be dead?"

"I...um..." Aiden stammered before being cut off by Willow.

"Isaac, stop interrogating your brother! You just shot him, don't you think that is enough pain for one day!?"

"Back off Willow! You are just a complete stranger Aiden shouldn't even know you!" Isaac fired back.

"I was there for him when you weren't!" Willow retorted.

"What are you talking about?! I have always been there for him! I literally spent all day looking for him because that is how much I care! He's my older brother...we have to look out for each other."