Chapter 5: I Tell my History

I opened the door and slowly walked over to the bed where Sky lay. I then pulled up a chair and sat down.

He was quiet and seemed peaceful but I knew he was still in pain. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He motioned for me to come closer and I did. As I leaned over closer to him, he whispered, "How?"

He must have heard me talking to the doctor outside the door, because I couldn't think of what else he could have been asking about, so I told him.

"My parents died about six years ago in a car accident. About a month before it happened they had gotten into a big fight. I tried to stop it, but they just yelled at me. That was when I made the decision to run away. They had searched every night looking for me but had no luck. They made signs depicting me and my information, and placed them on nearly every light pole and building in the area. The police had aided my parent's in the search for as long as they could, and on Saturday, June 26, 2010, two of their men had finally found me. I was in the middle of the forest surrounded by wolves. For the whole month that I was missing, I had been living with the wolves whom had taken me in as one of their own. When the cops had tried to take me away, the wolves attacked them. I have blamed myself for  their death ever since." I said.

"Why?" Sky asked softly.

"Because, I told the wolves to help me. Well, I screamed for help and tried to fight off the cops. I acted like a two year old even though I was ten. I was old enough to know that the cops were just doing their job, but my time with the wolves changed me. I became something I would never of thought I would ever become, a monster. I became violent and irrational, but I have to admit, I enjoyed it. I loved the wolves and I would have defended them in a snap, and they would have done the same for me. Anyway, when my parents heard that the cops had found me they decided to travel to the forest I was in. It turns out that the forest I was in, was nicknamed 'The Blaze Forest' this was due to the many wildfires that it had around the end of June and beginning of July. While they listened to the radio, an emergency alert went off stating that a fire was spreading through the Blaze forest. As soon as my dad heard it he speed up. He wasn't about to let his little girl perish by one of nature's greatest foes. The most unfortunate part was that he didn't get the chance to save me, he had been too occupied on saving me, he couldn't save himself. They had almost made it when a moose ran out in front of the car and they both died on impact." I said pausing.

"To make matters worse, the wolf pack raising me all died trying to save me and the pups by hiding us in a hole they dug. As soon as we climbed into the hole, gun shots were fired and I looked out and saw 4 cops holding shotguns. As I peered around I noticed all the elders of the pack lying on the ground in their own blood. We were shaking in fear; I never thought that the cops would go as far as to kill all the wolves. Exterminating a whole pack, it bothered me. It didn't take long for the cops to find us, the main problem was that the hole wasn't deep enough to hide my head. As soon as they found us one of the pups jumped out and began growling at them. It was illegal to kill wolf pups, so they just stood and stared at us. After calming down the little pup, we went with the cops, and that was the last I saw of the pack."

After I finished Sky motioned for me to come closer again. I leaned forward once more and he said, "Sorry."

I just smiled saying, "Get some rest."

As soon as I said that and gave him a reassuring smile, he shut his eyes and went to sleep. By this time it was nine-a-clock and I was exhausted as well, so I turned off the light and laid back in the uncomfortable chair in hopes of falling asleep.