03.

C H A P T E R 3: King Of Hell

Elizabeth's P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open, and through my blurry vision, I saw a silhouette sitting on the end of my bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"You're awake, finally," James said, his jaw clenched.

"What's wrong? What time is it?" I asked and sat up, trying to focus on the clock.

"Nothing's wrong and it's 11:00 am." He shrugged, standing up and putting his hands in his pockets.

"Shit, have Sam and Dean left yet?" I rushed out of bed and started to get dressed.

"Yeah, they left, but they gave me the address," James said and pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. He held it between his middle and forefinger, taunting me.

"You aren't going to give it to me, are you?" I asked, anger filling my voice.

"Sorry darling, but no." A man appeared behind him, and he chuckled.

"Who the hell are you? Another Angel?"

"I'm Crowley, I'm far from an angel. I am the king of Hell." He sighed and realization hit me.

"You're a demon!" I said and grabbed my rune decorated knife from under my pillow.

"I am, I am," he said with a grin and threw the knife out of my hand.

"Why are you here?" I narrowed my eyes at him and folded my arms over my chest.

"I don't want you helping that Angel, Castiel, out. Once he is better he will surely kill me," Crowley said casually, in a deep British accent.

"What do I have to do with it? Sam, Dean, Camille and Bobby can figure it out without me." I tilted my head up questioningly and move slightly for the knife. Crowley laughed bitterly and picked up the knife.

"You aren't killing me today my dear," he examined the knife and stabbed it into the wall behind him so it stuck.

"You never answered my question." I pointed out.

"Ah yes, they may be able to figure it out but you, you and him have something... special." He explained to me. "When you are around him, he gains strength. You are like an organ in a human body. It is needed to survive."

"Why not just kill me then?" I scoffed.

"By the time they come to check on you Cas may be fully human and then they will work even harder to find a way to get his grace back. If I kill you, they will track me down and kill me themselves," Crowley said with humour in his voice as he tapped the knife.

"What does he have to do with it then?" I asked, nodding my head over at the quietly suspicious James standing next to my bed.

"He's my little guard," Crowley said with a grin before vanishing. James walked over to me, a huge smirk painted across his face. He pushed me against the wall and I see his lips come towards mine. At the last second I turned away to his lips brush my cheek. He squeezed my wrists and it felt like all the bones were seconds from shattering.

"J-James!" I cried out in pain.

"Sorry, James isn't available right now." He flicked his eyes black then back to normal. I whimpered as the demon possessing James leaned in and planted his lips on mine. When I didn't kiss him back he squeezed my wrists harder. I kissed him back because I couldn't stand the pain and he loosened his grip as he got engrossed in the kiss. He pulled away and smirked at me.

"What's the smirk for?" I asked smugly.

"Well, James was actually wanting to kiss you, and oh did he ever enjoy that." His slick voice made me sick as I cringed at his words.

"You liar." I hissed. He pined my arms over my head and leaned in to kiss me again, but I kneed him in the crotch.

"You really thought that could hurt me? I am a demon after all, babe. Now, let's have some fun." He grinned evilly and I closed my eyes as I felt his fingers run over the hem of my t-shirt.

"Back away from her now." I heard Castiel demand sternly to the demon in James.

"Oh, it's you," it said and turned its head unnaturally towards Castiel. He steps away from me, hands up and I looked over at Castiel. He looked stronger, healthier. He started to perform the exorcism, but crumbled to the floor in pain. I ran past the demon and to Castiel's side. As I helped him up, I saw blood coming from his nose

"Did you come here alone?" I asked softly.

"No, Sam and Dean came too. They're in the car waiting with your friend Camille..." He drifted off as he looked me in the eyes. He gave a quick glance behind me, eyes wide in fear. I spun around quickly and stabbed him with my knife in the leg. It didn't kill him because it's not a demon knife, but it slowed him down. I then ran and grabbed the real knife from the wall and stabbed him in the stomach. There was a flicker of orange as he fell to the floor. The demon and James.

"James.." I cried as I held his almost lifeless body in my arms.

"Ellie, don't cry," I heard his hoarse voice say. I opened my teary eyes to see James looking back at me, then they closed. I cocked my head in confusion and turn around to see Castiel's face full of sadness.

"Cas?" Dean asked, worry clear in his voice as he entered the room with his brother and Camille.

"James!" Camille yelled and ran over to us. I stood up, leaving James and Camille to have a moment as I approached Castiel.

"Lets bring him to the hospital." Dean suggested, scooping him up in his arms. "Your friend... he's dead." He gave a quick look to James as he lifted Castiel out of the room and into his Impala.

"Can I drive with you?" I asked nervously.

"Um... Dean?" Sam asked in a wry tone, looking at me then back at Dean.

"No," he said flatly.

"Dean-" Sam started but got cut off by his brother.

"It's my car, what I say goes." He held up his hand to me and Sam. I walked away awkwardly and got into my car and drove to the hospital, Camille accompanying me. When we got in, they rushed Castiel in and we sat and waited while Camille continued to cry. I wouldn't let myself though, he told me not to cry.

"So what happened?" Sam asked, breaking the unbearable silence slicing through the hospital.