Chapter 20

NOT EDITED...

Africa POV

He closed the door and walked closer to me. I sat up as much as I could as I looked him in the eyes. As much as I did not want to talk let alone see him, I couldnt keep my eyes off of him. He looked back at me with a face of worry. My breathing was getting short, and soon felt like quick pumps. I was struggling to breathe. He ran out of the room and them damn doctors came in. Fuck. Now here I am being helped like I'm a child. I dont like being babied around. 

They put a mask on my face and my breathing began to even out. I looked in the corner of the room and there stood a scared looking Jamal. He just stood there, not breaking his gaze on me.

"Alright. Ms.Nelson Keep the mask on for about 15 minutes and you should be fine" Bullshit.

I nodded my head and he walked out of my room leaving my folder on the counter. As soon as the door closed Jamal rushed to my "bed" and I just looked at him. He had a tear going down him face. As much as I wanted to wipe it off, I couldnt knowing that I am the reaosn that he was crying. This entire fucking scenario is my fault. I should have just told him about KJ. I wouldnt even be in this shit. I sighed.

"Africa. You alright?" Niggah do it look like Im okay.

I took the mask off to respond and this niggah almost had a heart attack.

"What the fuck Africa, Leave that shit on" He yelled at me.

I took it off again, "Im fine" He looked at me and sighed.

"Dammit Africa. Stop it. Stop acting like you cant get help. Fuck outta here with all that. You act like you are the only person that goes through shit." I just sat back and closed my eyes.

"Are you fucking serious right now? You finna ignore me and go to sleep?" I had enough of this fucking arguing. Im sure as close as him and my dad sounded, my dad told him everything, but in case he didnt imma let him know.

"Jamal. For one you are not my daddy or my niggah..anymore. Do you not remember that I need to grow up first. I am tired of this shit. I need to fucking rest. I been in a coma for a couple days. You wanna know what that was like? Huh? It was beautiful. I aint have to mope around like I was doing before I got shot. I sat and talked with my babyboy. He was telling me how he as been watching me and told me that I need to finish living and do it for him. I said that I would so if that means getting some fucking rest so that I can live and later be with my son and my maker, I guess thats enough growing up. Dont you?" 

He just stared at me. He couldnt say shit. I basically just told him everything that I have been wanting to get out. 

"Afr-" I put my hand up. "Shhh...Just let me sleep" I laid back and couldnt go to sleep cause there was a knock on the fucking door.

"OH MY GOD.. WHAT??!!" THe door opened quick and my dad walked in.

"Whats going on in here?"

"Umm"

"Why you crying babygirl? Lil niggah what did you do?"

"He didnt do anything daddy. It was what I didnt do. Im straight. You good Jay?" He shook his head and walked out.

"Grasshopper. What's going on?"

"Nothing. Everything is good."

"Africa Lillian Nelson. Stop fucking beating around the bush and talk to me. Look. Sorry for yelling, but Im trying here"

"Daddy. I said that everything is fine. So everything is alright. Everything is taken care of. KJ says he loves you and that you are doing a good job."