Extra: The Hunt

My human does not know of my mission. She will not reward me for completing this quest. Yet, I decide that the hunt will be a reward in itself, and thus... the game begins. My nose twitches when I catch my prey's sent. I stalk towards it. As I prowl towards the smell, I catch sight of the human with the two-colored fur.

She is making tiny horses made of some strange smelling food dance around. I would go investigate, but she has that awful ball of danger with her. I swear Bart tries to eat me every time I try to talk to him. He's so uncivilized. I pass the room and move further into the jungle.

The next humans to approach are my human and the salmon furred one. They seem to be talking about cutting fur. Perhaps the salmon one has decided to cut her fur short like my humans. I do not care what she does with her fur. Frankly, watching her makes me hungry.

I decide it is time for a snack. So, I enter the room with the shiny food making devices and look around. The human with the brown fur and the shiny thing on a stick is standing by the counter. She tends to like me, so I ask her for food. She looks over at me and throws me some dried fish treats from the shelf. She always gives me too many treats... not that I'm complaining.

Satisfied, I continue with the hunt. The smell of my prey is coming from a room to my left. The door is closed, but I dare not ask anyone to open it. That would alert my prey and give him time to escape. I wait in the shadows for him to leave. Instead, the big one leaves the room.

The big one spends lots of time with my human. I think he might be her mate. I did not approve of him at first, but then I smelt the cat. Now I don't mind... as long as he doesn't steal my human. He looks at me and leaves the door slightly open. Perhaps I could grow to like him after all.

I enter the room, slinking slowly and as quietly as I can. The target is sitting at the large brown high thing. He seems to be using a shiny machine that has lights. His back is to me; making it the perfect opportunity to pounce. So, I get ready and jump. I love hearing the noise the toy makes.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!MARIA!"