Chapter 5

They arrived exhausted, injured, but alive. They walked into the living room, and dropped their gear.

"Okay, well that's finally over," Andy sighed.

Sol dropped into a chair, undoing her sling. The pain in her wrist was excruciating. She grimaced, inspecting it once again.

"I really did a number on it," she sighed.

"You should have that checked," Nerida said gently.

"Yeah," she mumbled in return, but did not move from her chair.

"Yeah, Sol, you should get that checked out." Andy agreed.

"Right," she mumbled again. "I'll be back soon."

Sol got unsteadily to her feet and stumbled out of the room. As she left, Ann strolled in carrying a box of animal crackers. With her mouth full of tiny cracker tigers and elephants, she stopped and waved at them in greeting.

"Ann, what did you get from the Templar servers?" Andy asked her.

With her free hand, she fished in her pockets. Ann pulled out a small USB and tossed it to Andy. Then, she simply turned around and kept walking. Nerida sighed and followed her, grabbing a bottle from a nearby table. Andy knew how those two where after missions and was not too keen on following them. Instead he decided to check on Sol. She found her in the den's lab with Lightning. The second layer of the cast was already starting to set. He moved over to one of the tables and began cleaning his weapons.

"Feeling better, Sol?" He asked casually.

"Yeah," she replied, looking at the forming cast. "It's going to take a while to heal, but I can move my fingers, so at least I can use my hand."

"That's good," he nodded, wiping the blood from his blade. "So, what did you think of your first mission with us?"

"It was fun," she replied calmly. "And crazy."

"Yeah," he agreed as he began reloading his pistol. "That's assassin's life though. I still wonder how Sigma team found us."

"How did we get this information about this Walter guy anyway?" she asked.

"We've been tracking him for a while and found out he was going to be at a meeting in Havana. I guess they tracked our search."

"Probably."

"I guess we'll have to decode the data we got."

Andy put down his weapons and moved toward the computer. The screen flared to life as he started it up. At the same time a strange chair in the center of the room began to hum softly. Andy plugged in the flash drive, opening the only file it contained. The Abstergo logo flashed on the screen.

"Can we even trust the data?" Sol asked.

"Absolutely," he replied. "I never told anyone we were going to raid the servers. There's no way they could have known."

"I'm just worried they could be giving us false information to lead us into another trap," she muttered.

"Don't worry about it."

"We need to check the data for tracers." she insisted.

Andy finished scrolling through the data. There wasn't much there. What was there, was a set of strange symbols from an ancient language. He turned back to Sol.