Chapter 26

As the others slowly trickled into the kitchen, Lazerus threw a couple French toasts on a plate and handed it to them. So far, Andy, Lightning, and Nerida had woken up. Andy and Lightning where peacefully eating at the table, eyes not-so-secretly glued to each other. Nerida had gotten bored eating in silence and had gone into the TV room to eat on the couch. Lazerus could hear the cable news station from where he was.

"Yesterday," The news anchor was saying. "A riot started in front of the Abstergo industries building in downtown Caracas. When police arrived on the scene, they were forced to detain over a hundred people. It seems the Abstergo industries private police was forced to used excessive force to stop the rebels. Twenty officers were found dead along with forty civilian rioters. We here at the station would like to extend our condolences to the families..."

Lazerus tuned him out. He knew his plan would cause casualties, but forty people was more than he was expecting. Those deaths where on his head. As Sol walked in, Lazerus did his best to put on a smile. She looked much better now. The color had returned to her face, and she didn't seem to be in as much pain. Lazerus placed the special French toast he had made just for her on a plate.

"Morning, sunshine," Lazerus grinned as he handed her the plate. "You're looking better."

"No thanks to you," Sol smiled at him. "I wouldn't have been stabbed if it hadn't been for you."

"Are you ever going to let me live that down?" Lazerus sighed.

"We'll see," Sol smirked, then she noticed the French toast. "Are those heart shaped French toast?"

"Yes," Lazerus gave her an awkward smile.

"Huh," Sol turned her back to back to him and sat down at the table.

Lazerus couldn't help but chuckle. He still couldn't believe what had happened last night. It felt like a dream. A beautiful, wonderful, perfect dream he would never forget; only better because it had actually happened. Lazerus sighed contently and continued making French toast. Nerida walked into the kitchen, grabbed a glass of water, and chugged in along with an Advil.

She had been really out of it last night. Her and Ann had drunk until they had slipped into unconsciousness. Or at least, that what she thought had happened. Honestly, she didn't remember much after her second bottle. She knew drinking was a bad habit, but she really didn't care. With her memories, she had lost her self-control. If it hadn't been for the fact that she had no idea how to get back to the tunnel that led into town, Nerida probably would have gone to a bar and picked up a couple hotties. She could have really gone for a hot blond chick. Welp, Nerida shrugged her herself, no use regretting something you can't change. She took a seat at the table with the others.

Ann stumbled in. She grabbed a glass of water and downed a couple Advils. Her head was pounding like crazy. She took the plate of food from Lazerus and was about to sit at the table when she froze. Like a golden retriever, she stuck her nose in the air and sniffed. She gave the other's a condescending look.

"Okay," Ann looked at each of them in turn. "Who was making out last night?"

Andy and Lightning shared knowing glances and turned red. Truthfully, they had done much more than just kiss last night. This knowledge was something they didn't want to share with anyone. Thinking they were exposed, they were both too embarrassed to look anyone in the eye. Nerida knew that look. That's the look you give your parents after your first...

"Oh," Nerida grinned at them. "Do tell, Lightning. Is our illustrious leader any good?"

"Not them, Nerida," Ann shook her head. "And gross, no one needs to know that. I mean the other happy couple in the room."