Chapter 23

Sol stood on the fire escape balcony with Hamlet in one hand and her modified poison bomb in the other. She took a deep breath before squeezing the trigger and letting the poison cascade over her weapon. She hadn't recoated Hamlet in a while, and today it's poisoned blade could come in handy. They had no idea how many enemies they would be facing, so every small advantage would be greatly appreciated. She turned the blade slowly to coat every inch of it.

Once the blade had dried, Sol slipped back into the apartment. Everyone was gearing up in different corners of the room. The tension in the air was thick and smoky, chocking the joy out of everyone. Sol closed the window with a loud boom, trying to break the barriers that had formed around each of them. Lightning walked over to her and called out to the others.

"Everyone, I have an announcement," Lightning clasped Sol's shoulder as the others gathered around. "I would like to announce that Sol has passed the training stage and is no longer an apprentice Assassin. You're earned your spot among us."

"Lightning," Sol turned to her in shock. "I... I don't know how to thank you..."

"You don't need to," Lightning smiled. "You've earned it."

"Thank you," Sol gave her a hug.

"So, chief," Lazerus interrupted to touching moment. "Do we have a plan for later, or should I take over from here?"

"I have a plan, Lazerus," Lightning replied. "We need to split up."

"Split up?" Ann puzzled.

"One team will go in to the Abstergo building to try to locate the chip and counter chip, and the other will provide a distraction while attempting to capture Andy," Lightning explained.

"And how will we get their attention?" Nerida asked.

* * *

"I feel ridiculous," Ann grumbled as they walked.

"It's not that bad," Lazerus shrugged.

"That's easy for you to say," Sol crossed her arms. "This spiky hood thing keeps falling into my eyes. It's making it hard to see."

"Well, at least you stand out," Lazerus grinned.

"These are what our ancestors wore," Lightning cut in. "Wear it with pride."

Ann, Lazerus, Sol and Lightning crested the hill in front of the Abstergo building. The wind gently moved their Assassin cloaks around them as they looked out onto their targets. Their cloaks where a pretty, off white, and the peak of their hoods was crested with the Weston Assassin symbol. Other than height, there was only one way to tell them apart; their sashes. Sol's was blue, Ann's was red, Lazerus's was brown, and Lightning's was teal. These would come in handy in the chaos to come. As Sol looked down on the building's front parking lot, she noticed movement among the cars. There where people down there. Thousands of people standing before the building. Some of them where holding sighs and shouting. By the agitation in the air, Sol could tell the people where angry. Is provoked, the people would probably start rioting.

"Lazerus," Sol pointed down to them. "Are those people?"

"Yep," Lazerus smiled sadly at them. "They're here to help us cause a commotion. Jack, it's game time."

"Roger," Jack replied in their earpieces.

"DOWN WITH ABSTERGO!" Lazerus yelled down to the crowd.