Chapter 33

Everyone woke up feeling as if they hadn't slept at all. Nerida's announcement the day before had left them all numb and nervous. Nerida's parents, and at one point Nerida herself, where Templars, and that was a hard fact to swallow. Still, there was still a mission to be completed and another day to survive through. Sol got up early to make breakfast. Andy was downstairs and helping her within the hour. They could hear the shower going upstairs. The rest of the house was filled with silent dreams and the occasional snore from Charles's room. Once a big breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon had been prepared for the group, Andy and Sol sat down together to discuss their next move.

"What about their old headquarters?" Sol shrugged. "Maybe they left behind some sort of clue."

"I guess it's worth a shot," Andy sighed. "Honestly, I'd rather be chasing down Nerida's parents or project Knight. This whole First Will thing seems pointless."

"Knowing our luck, they're all connected."

Sol and Andy turned to the door. Lazerus stood there, a goofy and over-confident grin on his face. Sol smiled, then reddened, then hid her face. She grabbed the nearest object; which, lucky for Lazarus, was a kitchen towel; and threw it at him. He caught it with ease.

"What's the matter, Sol?" Lazerus asked as he walked over.

"Don't..." Sol squeaked.

Andy laughed, "Feeling a little red there, Sol? Should we call a doctor?"

"PUT ON SOME CLOTHES!" Sol screamed.

Lazerus looked down at the towel wrapped tightly around his waist. Other than the smaller towel thrown over his shoulders, he was completely naked.

"But I'm wearing a towel, so..."

"CHANGE! NOW!"

Lazerus and Andy looked at each other and burst out laughing. Lazerus shot him a thumbs up and slipped back upstairs to get dressed. He came back a few minutes later, slipping a shirt on. Sol gave him a half-hearted glare. Andy filled a plate with breakfast and handed it to him.

"So," Lazerus took a seat next to Sol. "What's the plan?"

"No clue," Andy admitted. "We could check the old First Will base, but I'm not sure we'll find anything. All I know is we can't stay here. We need to go into hiding."

"Why!" Sol looked startled, they hadn't discussed this.

"We've stayed here too long," Andy looked sad. "And we've caused enough trouble. Plus, the warehouse is across town. We can't risk going there and coming back here again. Someone will notice."

"What happened to 'hide in plain sight'" Lazerus chuckled. "I guess I'll have to save your butts again. Say bye to Charles; we need a location change."

* * *

"Why are we at a hotel again?" Lightning asked Andy.

She took a seat next to him on the queen-sized bed. Andy buried his head into his hands. He knew why he felt so uneasy about all this. What if they got caught? What if the fake ID's Faust had made for the others didn't work? What if this was a bad call? What if this hotel was the trap that would end them all? Honestly, he was overthinking the whole situation, but he doubted that habit would change anytime soon. Especially since this situation reminded him of one from his deep past.

"Was this the right call, Light?" Andy muttered through his hands. "I don't want to make his mistake."

"Just cause your mentor made the wrong call doesn't mean you will," Lightning tried to reassure him.