Chapter 11

"Andy," he extended his hand out to the newcomer.

"Andy, you don't need to introduce yourself," Lazerus accepted his hand shake. "I was informed about you. Although, I might need to learn everybody else's names..."

Andy and Lazerus looked around at the rest of the team. Lightning, Ann, and Sol were all flopped in different places around the helicopter. Sol was the only one conscious. She glanced over at Lazerus, eyes half closed in pain and exhaustion. Their eyes met; Sol's icy blue to Lazerus's dark sapphire. Sol took in his ebony hair and strong build. She could feel the heat rising in her checks. She turned away, deciding to get some much-needed rest. Lazerus watched her for a moment more, then turned back to Andy.

"Well, we're missing a couple people, but I can introduce you to the members present," Andy pointed to each of the member's in turn. "The parachute girl is Ann, our technical leader. The girl with the katanas is Lightning, co leader our team. And the short haired girl is Sol, one of our newbies."

"Fair enough," Lazerus shrugged as he glanced back at Sol. So, that's her name. "Do you have anyone with medical expertise?"

"Lightning has some, but is unconscious at the moment."

"I was asked to assist you on your mission, so I'll take over medical issues," Lazerus reached into a pouch on the wall and pulled out a first aid kit.

He walked over to Lightning, who seemed the most injured, and got to work. Andy watched him carefully. He still wasn't sure how he felt about this new mysterious guy. There was something strange about him. He watched him quickly bandage Lightning's shoulder and check her for other injuries, before moving on to Sol. He carefully wrapped her shoulder, but by this point she was out cold and took no notice of him. He then turned to work on Ann. Andy would never admit it out loud, but... He's pretty good at patching them up.

"Who sent you?" Andy asked as Lazerus finished checking Ann.

"The South American brotherhood," Lazerus answered as he walked over to quickly check on Andy.

"Oh, okay," Andy nodded. Lazerus gave him a quick once over and found nothing but a couple scrapes on him. "Welcome to the Weston Assassins. We should get back to the den and recover before we set out tomorrow. We're finally leaving this city."

"I'll tell Jack," Lazerus nodded. "For now just try to get some rest. We'll be there soon."

Andy nodded and went to sit next to Lightning. Lazerus walked into the cockpit and sat down in the passenger seat. Soon enough, they had made it safely back to the den.

~ ~ ~

The next morning...

Andy packed his things into his duffle bag. He was glad to finally be leaving Canada. He walked to the light switch and flicked the lights on. His team groaned as they slowly began to wake up. Then Andy left the room and headed to the infirmary. He caught Ben just as he was leaving.

"Ben, where heading out to Jamaica," Andy told him. "Could you take care of Sol's mother till we get back?"

"Sure," Ben smiled.

"Thanks, we'll come back for her after all this is over."

Ben nodded and continued on his way. Andy knew it would take a couple minutes for his team to get up, so he walked back downstairs to make himself breakfast. He dropped his bag by the front door and entered the kitchen. He grabbed the cereal from the pantry.