Chapter 7

"GUYS! YOU MIGHT WANT TO SEE THIS!" Andy called out.

Lightning ran into the room; Sol trailing slowly behind her. They sat down next to Andy on the couch as he turned up the volume on the TV. The news anchor was saying something about an attack. The anchor handed the story over to a reporter.

"Two weeks ago, in the outskirts of Montreal, the Abstergo Industry's building was attacked by three hooded assailants. They broke into the second floor before escaping. Abstergo Industries is asking that anyone who has seen these people or has any information about them to please call the police."

The screen changed to reveal three blurry pictures of what could only be Andy, Lightning, and Sol. A phone number flashed under them. Andy sighed and turned off the TV.

"Fuck me," Lightning cursed.

"Yeah," Andy agreed. "It's still breaking news all over the city."

"Should we start leaving, or what?" she asked.

"No. We just can't leave the hideout until we are capable of attacking again."

"Yeah," Sol pitched in. "I say we use the time to recover. I don't know about you guys, but my wounds are still killing me. I know the doc said the pain would go away soon after he removed the stitches three days ago but, geez. Plus, I still need to fix my weapons."

"I'll fix your weapons," Lightning offered.

"It's mostly the poison bomb that needs repair." She admitted. "It's of my own design."

"I can't fight with my right arm." Andy agreed. "The wound is still too painful."

"See. Let's recover and regroup."

"Okay, Okay." Lightning agreed.

The trio sighed simultaneously. They hatted not being able to continue their mission. They had spent the last two weeks letting the Montreal Assassins attack the headquarters and other Abstergo buildings in the area. Ann and Nerida had even tried to sneak into the headquarters once, but had soon found themselves in too much trouble to finish the mission. The last two weeks had been wasted time they didn't have time to waste. Andy got up, grabbed the building plans, and placed them on the coffee table before them before sitting down.

"We should plan our next attack," Andy said as he opened it.

"Yeah, I guess," Lightning nodded.

"Yeah," Sol agreed, looking at the plans. "On what floor do you think we might find the information?"

"I got two possible places: the server room, which is about six stories underground; and on the sixtieth floor, the most restricted section of the building." Andy explained.

"Sounds like fun," Sol said sarcastically. "Let's find it on the Plans."

"The server room is massive though," Andy pointed to it on the map.

"Is there someone we could question?" Sol asked. "Someone who might know which server to hack."

"Unfortunately no," Andy sighed. "Abstergo hired loyal Templars to design the place, and hacking into them is not that simple. We did have some sources inside the building a few years ago, but he went crazy and was killed."

"So we have no idea how to get the information," Sol gave him a questioning look.

"Exactly. We're going in their blind." Andy nodded.