Chapter 1

Normal for an Assassin is quite different from what one might expect. Still, that is the best way to describe this particular team. Before that spring, the team in question had never set foot outside of the small area of Florida they had been charged with guarding. The team was very good at their job, but had never received recognition for their actions. Still, the Weston Assassins continued to do what they could, never expecting that that spring would change their lives forever.

Lightning lay on her bed, headphones blasting a killer beat into her ears as her mind painted the scene from the book propped up against her pillow. It was just another calm afternoon for her and the others; not much to do and no news from the brotherhood. Ann and Nerida where sharpening their skills in the training room. Each enjoying the challenge the other presented. Andy, the leader of the group, sat at the computer checking into the surveillance system they had planted around town. Nothing new to be seen or heard from the cameras until ... wait, what's that!

... .. --. -- .- / - . .- -- / -- .. ... ... .. --- -. / --. --- / ..-. --- .-. / .- - - .- -.-. -.- / --- -. / .- ... ... .- ... ... .. -. / -.. . -. / .. -. / .-- . ... - --- -. / -.-. .-.. . .- .-. / - --- .--. .-. --- -.-. . . -..

MORSE CODE!

"Does anyone know Morse Code?" Andy yelled into the hallway.

Ann's head popped in at the end of the hall, her black and red pigtails and brown bangs plastered to her sweaty face. Her brown eyes wide with curiosity. She jumped into the hall and ran up to Andy.

"I do!" she shouted, waiving an arm in the air.

Andy led her back to the computer. Ann quickly translated the message as it came in. It read: Sigma team, mission: go for attack on assassin den in Weston, clear to proceed.

"We need to get out of here!" Andy exclaimed, frantically starting to pack.

"Darn it," Ann said. "I was going to make waffles."

"No time! Get everyone, we need to go!"

Andy dashed into Lightning's room as Ann went to get Nerida. Everyone quickly gathered what they could and met up in the living room. Just as they were about to leave, Andy heard voices.

"Arm yourselves, it's going to be a bloody exit," he whispered to the others.

Boom! Stigma team blasted the doors to the base wide open. Templars poured into the building in a black wave.

"Here's the plan. I'm going to clear the doorway. Once that's done, Ann and Nerida, clear an escape path outside." Andy said quickly.

"Just our luck. I never could have predicted they'd send the hard asses after us." Ann sighed. "Hey! What if we blow up the base once we escape?"

"We'll do it only as a last resort," he replied. "Good luck."

Andy dashed to the doorway and began unloading clip after clip from his M9 Beretta pistols, taking down a good portion of the enemy before running out of bullets. He then rushed at them, Phantom Blade flying. He battled valiantly, but was very obviously outnumbered. The last of the enemy would have been his undoing if a certain brown haired girl hadn't jumped to his rescue. Nerida jumped at the last of them, her glaive felling Templar after Templar. With that the doorway was clear.