xv

Nothing is more difficult

Than competing with a myth

Myth after myth.

Story after story.

Still nothing.

He's been at this for weeks. Trying to understand every little tale. Nothing to help him learn what exactly Billie can do. All he knows is that she can use her magic as she pleases. But that much he already knew. He knew this was gonna be a long process. But why this long? Why does Billie have to be this complex thing? Why? Why couldn't he have gotten a normal girl? But let's be honest. He wouldn't trade her for the world. Billie is his. Human or not. He wouldn't do any of this for anyone else. That doesn't remove the stress of things though.

He's lost himself. His ways. This isn't him. He's The Joker. Not some stay at home boyfriend. This isn't him. This isn't what he knows. He didn't plan on things being like this. He can hear his knives begging to be played with, but in the back of his mind he knows he shouldn't. He'd scare Billie. He doesn't want that. But in another part of his mind, it is what he wants. He wants her to fear him. To know that he's in charge. Call him domineering, but she has to know.

So when she comes walking in and glowing, he stops her with a glare. "Billie". "Yes"? "Come kneel for me". He isn't surprised when she obeys or when there's two orbs of pure innocence staring up at him. "Who do you belong to"? "You". "Who's are you"? "Yours". "Who's the only one you show this little body to"? "You". "That's right. Me. So then tell me who's in complete and total control of you". "You are daddy. Did I do something bad"? "No. Just wanted to brush up on your memory. Now, I want you to stay there while I work. Understand"? "Yes daddy".

He says nothing after that, just continues to read the myths about the girl that kneels before him. These stupid stupid myths. He wants to laugh at the passage; Cannot be contained. He looks down at Billie and smirks. Looks pretty contained to him. But the more he reads, the more he tenses.One word specifically makes him flinch. Darkness. How could she have darkness inside? The girl is light. All the time. Her innocence bleds from her all the time.

These passages are like some puzzle. It says not to fall in love, then it says to let the innocence love. It says it's a game. What kind of sick and twisted game is this? What is inside Billie? It's said that a peice of each god and goddess lays within her. Some are the reason why she's always glowing, but some are what make up the darkness insidde her. Once his ring is gone, what's gonna happen? Will she turn dark the second she uses magic? It's all so confusing in his mind. Too many pieces to put together.

He takes another glance at Billie, watching her kneel with her head down. A true submissive she is. There's no way there's any type of darkness inside of her. It just couldn't be true. "Have you eaten"? "No". "Are you hungry? You haven't been eating as much as you should". "Haven't been very hungry". "I suppose that's my fault. I haven't made you eat in a while. We should probably go eat". "I'm not very hungry Daddy. I don't want to eat". He frowns at that, placing his hand on her head to check for fever. "Are you sick or something? Maybe your leg-". "I'm okay. Just not hungry". He runs his hand down the side of her face, leaving it to rest on the side of her neck. He can feel her pulse quickening. It's probably only due to the touch but he can't help but to wish for it to quicken. Without a second thought, he squeezes against her pulse and effectively draws out a gasp from her as he pulls her closer to his face.

"Do you still like when daddy does this? When he squeezes your pretty little neck"? He smirks at her nod, dropping his hand in favor of pulling her into his lap. "Should daddy do more"? "Yes please". He takes a fist full of her hair and pulls her head back, growling with a snarl. "Go to the room, face down ass up and stay like that until I get there. Understand"? "Yes daddy". "Good girl". He lets her hair go, leaving a harsh slap on her bum a she stands to leave.