I

6:37

The streets of Gotham are raging.

Something's gone wrong.

As usual.

"3 Banks have been robbed tonight. I'm standing outside Gotham City Bank where witnesses say the criminals were masked and armed. 2 hostages are dead, six are injured, and a possible three thousand dollars have come up missing. I'm Summer Gleeson and this is Channel 5 News".

 I'm Summer Gleeson and this is Channel 5 News"

Billie shuts off the tv and sighs. It's always something with the banks. Why they don't tighten security, she'll never know. It's like they're just begging to be shot up.

"Come eat, honey". Billie looks up at her mom and sighs. "Did you hear what happened"? "No, but let me guess. Robbery again"? "If they want them to stop why don't they just do something about it"? Billie's mother looks down at her and frowns. "There's some things that can't be stopped. People should just keep their money somewhere a little more sturdy". Billie stands up and frowns. This place will never be safe.

She walks to the kitchen, a frown etched into the features of her face. "Where's that smile, Silly Billie"? "Not really in the mood, dad". Her father frowns and brings her into a hug. "What's wrong"? "3 banks, dad. Gotham just gets worse and worse everyday". "I know. But Gotham won't be like this forever". "How do you know"? "I don't". He kisses her head and leaves to retrieve the steaks from outside.

Billie sits at the table, her little brother soon running in and plopping in her lap.

"Billie! I made a tower"! "Oh yeah"? "Yeah! It's really big a-and and it's blue"! "Wanna show me after dinner"? "Yeah"! Billie's mother walks in and rolls her eyes fondly. "Sebastian. Honey, your hands are dirty. Go wash them". Billie smiles and picks him up, taking him to the sink and helping him wash off his hands. Their parents stare at them fondly. Sebastian is Billie's world. She won't let anything happen to the sweet boy.

Once the family is seated and eating is when a knock sounds at the door. "I'll get it". Billie stands and walks to the door, an icy wind blasting in as she opens it. She frowns when there's no one there. Rolling her eyes, she shuts the door and locks it. "Stupid kids think it's so funny to just knock on doors and make the lazy people answer it. One would think-". She stops dead in her tracks, her eyes widening as the sight before her.