15

try hard - 5 seconds of summer

[Luke]

“I know you’ve been getting this question a lot, but what is it like to tour with each other?” The interviewer, Lauren, asked us.

Flames sat on a black leather couch while the rest of us boys sat on the ground in front of them, either leaning on the couch or their jean-cladded legs. It was in our dressing room, only two more hours before the show started.

“It’s very, um, adventurous.” Sam chuckled from behind me. “We’re all each crazy in different ways so things get really weird.”

“In California, Calum and Ivey ran to McDonald’s in their pajamas to get all of us breakfast.” Michael brought up.

“Yeah!” Ivey said from behind me and I could imagine her grinning. “Calum woke me up and was like, ‘hey let’s run to McDonald’s,’ and I was like, ‘okay, let me dress up first,’ but he practically carried me on his shoulder and went out of the hotel room. He still carried me even in the elevators and it was pretty weird for the fans who were outside.”

“I dropped her when we went out of the hotel because people started to chase us.” Calum chuckled from beside me.

“And after, we made Sam drink coffee.” Alice paused to laugh. “And she palpitated so hard.”

“It was like seeing a heart beat when someone sees their crush.” Ashton commented while shaking his head.

“Speaking of crushes,” Lauren smiled widely and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes. “There have been a lot of rumors going around about Ivey and Ashton and Michael and Alice. How do you deal with these?”

“Rumors suck.” Mandy said frankly from the other end with a slight pout. A year ago, a huge rumor was being talked about for days when she was seen a few times with Harry Styles from One Direction. They were photographed walking around New York, and eating lunch together a few days after. People thought they were dating when Harry was actually asking Mandy for girl advice, going on mock dates.

“They suck a lot, really.” Ivey agreed. “Um, the media is very dangerous; it’s like, you can’t have a friendly conversation with someone in public without having rumors spread that you’re dating.”

“It’s really hard because we can’t have that much privacy anymore.” I decided to speak, since Michael didn’t look like he was ready to chat about the topic. “Every single thing that we do is completely turned around by the media.”

“Yeah,” Jackie agreed, and I felt a hand touch my shoulder. Seeing the beige color, I knew it was hers. “There was a rumor that went around claiming that I’m anorexic because a fan once gave us cake and everyone got a piece except for me. I wasn’t hungry that day and I was abstaining from dairy products!”

“It’s really scary to do things nowadays because people overanalyze and romanticize absolutely everything.” Alice finally spoke up. “I post a few pictures with Michael and we’re seen together a lot, but that doesn’t mean we’re in a relationship.”

“And just because Alice said that, it doesn’t mean that we’re not in a relationship.” Michael added quickly, making everyone look at him in surprise except for me.

Michael talked to me this morning about finally asking Alice to be his girlfriend, and asked for suggestions on how he should do it. It was hard; we considered him asking it on stage or during the interview, and since he couldn’t decide, he was going to do both. He told me I to further deepen the conversation once he initiates it and he would give me a cookie in return, so why not, right?