9

nothing like us - justin bieber 

[Luke]

I hated the sunlight.

The California sun was more than incredible, but waking up after a night of drugs and alcohol, all I wanted to do with the sun was to pour cold water over it to stop it from shining. The white comforters helped warm me from the coldness of the room but the thick curtains of the windows obviously hated me.

"Close the curtains." I muttered to the half-awake Ivey curled up beside me.

She groaned and closed her eyes shut. "I'm asleep, Luke."

"You were just using your phone a while ago." I said. Even though I knew that I was keeping my voice as quiet as possible, it still felt like I was shouting.

Ivey's eyes flickered open to glare at me. "You close it, you were awake, too."

"I don't want to." I whined.

"You are horrible at dealing with hangovers." She rolled her eyes and went back to scrolling on her phone.

We stayed quietly on the white bed of the hotel, too tired from the previous night to keep up with a conversation. I stared at Ivey who rested across me, reading through her phone. She looked almost perfect with the sun on her face, making her blonde hair look brighter. Her lips were in a thin line as her eyes carefully moved from right to left, reading things on the mobile glued to her face.

Ivey was pretty. I wouldn't say gorgeous, I mean, the girl had her own flaws, but she was indeed beautiful. Her electric green eyes were always animated although showed a hint of tiredness with bags under her eyes. Ivey was different from most people. It wasn't because she was crazy creative or amazingly talented, but it was because she was Ivey. She had so many different qualities that would be plain when it stands alone, but when you put them together, you make something almost perfect.

She had a lot of faults, really. She had a short temper, she gets mood swings a lot, and she had low self-respect. These things reminded me that every single one of us is struggling with their own problems in life, and Ivey is just like the rest of us. She looked perfect, but, just like everyone else; she had her own glitches that needed fixing.

"Ivey," I whispered. I watched her eyes look up from her phone to meet mine, automatically locking. "Good morning," I smiled a small smile.

She stared for half a second before smiling and rolling her eyes. "'Morning, Luke." She frowned and looked back on her phone. "Hold on, it's technically good afternoon."

I chuckled lightly. "Good afternoon, Ivey."

"Good afternoon, Luke." She grinned. "What time is sound check today?"

"I don't know," I yawned, stretching. My legs went past the bed. "Probably five, or something."

Ivey groaned and crawled up next to me. "I'm so lazy to get up."

I checked the time on my phone, seeing that it was just after lunch. "We still have a few hours before five. We can stay here for a while and rest."

"I'd love that." She murmured, resting her head on my chest. "I just want to sleep all day."

"And party all night?" I smirked down at her, receiving a slap on my ribcage.

"I haven't done drugs in a while, actually." She sighed.

"Why do you even have them?" I asked. I started to play with her blonde locks with the tips of my fingers, slowly curling them.

Ivey shrugged and inched closer to me, if it were any possible. Her arms wrapped around my waist carefully. "Some guy sold them to me. It was after Jack's accident, so you know."

I nodded slowly. "Yeah,"

She looked up, wriggling her eyebrows. "Did you like Jack?"

I was taken aback from her question and quickly gained composure, clearing my throat. "Yeah, I guess. I mean, he'd always been there during band practices because of Ashton."

Ivey nodded, still looking at me. "He was cool, right?"

I chuckled lightly, pushing a few strands of her hair back. "Very cool."

She smiled and went back to her original position with her head on me. "He would have liked this, touring California."

"I bet so." I said quietly, my fingers subconsciously twirling Ivey's hair.

"He would've loved the beach." Ivey exhaled, her breath touching my bare chest. "He likes to surf a lot."

"Really?" I murmured, not really interested in the topic of Jack.

"Yeah," she nodded a small nod. "He likes the ocean."

"Is that why—"

"He tried to kill himself by drowning?" She cut me off, looking at me. "Yeah, that's why."

I chewed on my lip, feeling my ring touch my tongue. "Oh," was all that escaped my mouth.

"That's also why it didn't work, I guess." She sighed, resting her head back on me. "He loved swimming, of course he would give up and swim."

"I wish I could have been closer with him." I said quietly.

She chuckled lightly. "Yeah, you guys would probably be really good friends. You two have a lot in common, actually. You like to eat, you're great at guitar, and you misplace a lot of things."

I faked a laugh, trying my best to make it believable. "Yeah, we would've been the best of friends, yeah?"

Ivey nodded eagerly, tracing patterns on my stomach with the tips of her fingers. She stayed quiet for a while, drawing shapes. We stayed that way in complete silence as I played with the ends of her hair, twirling them around my fingers and somehow braiding them the way she had taught me how to before.

Silences with Ivey were always comforting. I knew that she loved to be quiet and take peaceful pauses every once in a while, and I have always respected that. She told me that everyone has to breathe sometimes.

Being Ivey made me feel like I was invincible. She made me feel like I could do anything. She was a strong source of inspiration and motivation, and always made me strive to be a better person. It scared me, the feeling of affection. It was depressing that she didn't know what she could do to me.

"I like this," she whispered quietly, breaking the silence.

"Mhm," I said as quiet as her. "Me, too."

"We should do this more often; it's nice." Ivey adjusted, finding a better position. She turned around to face her back at me, grabbing my arm for me to follow suit. We spooned, our bodies connecting with each other perfectly like puzzle pieces.

It felt overwhelming to be so close to Ivey. All my life I have been waiting for her to finally be so close to me, and it was finally happening. I could smell the strawberry scent of her hair and feel the smoothness of her skin. My fingers went to her small thigh, drawing small shapes on it while I sung her back to sleep carefully.

Lazy Saturday mornings with her was what I lived for. 

⤑⤑⤑

a/n i have school the next day so i had to cut this short oops but it's just a few more days until summer so yes ugh finally ok bye tell me what ya think