1

how soon is now? - the smiths 

[Luke]

“First day of tour, first day of tour!”

I groaned in my sleep, turning around and putting a pillow over my head to block the noise. “Go away, Ash.”

“Wake up!” He shook my whole body.

I shook my head. “Sleep.”

“No, tour!” I can feel Ashton climbing on my bed, parts of the cushion sinking from the weight. He started jumping up and down, squealing at the top of his lungs. “First day of tour!”

“Why are you so excited?” I took off my pillow and stared up at him as he continued jumping around me.

“I think,” he huffed, “Ivey gave me the best breakfast ever.”

“And what’s that?” I asked, trying to keep awake.

He continued jumping, puffing out air from his mouth. “Chocolate.”

“You ate chocolate for breakfast?” I raised an eyebrow in clarification.

He nodded enthusiastically, finally letting himself fall down beside me on the bed. “Yeah, and coffee.”

I rolled my eyes and got the pillow back, putting it on my face.

“No, you can’t go back to sleep!” Ashton whined. “It’s tour day!”

“The venue is like, fifteen minutes away from the hotel.” I mumbled against the pillow, trying to go back to sleep.

Suddenly, there were hands on my waist. For a moment, I was utterly confused as to what Ashton was trying to do, until he ripped the blanket off my body.

I groaned in annoyance, finally getting up from the bed. “Are you happy now?”

“Yes,” he smiled his big smile, pushing me out of the bedroom and to the living room of the hotel room. “Luke’s awake!”

I was surprised to see that everyone from Flames was already there, looking just as groggy as me. They gave small nods and waves, too sleepy to say anything. Michael and Calum were awake as well, although Calum looked like he was about to fall asleep again any minute next to Michael, who was doing something on his phone.

Ivey, Alice, Sam, and Jackie all sat at the kitchen table while Mandy and Ashton engaged a conversation near the kitchen sink, talking about something while Mandy washed her hands.

“So,” Alice cleared her throat after gulping from her mug of coffee. “There’s sound check after lunch.”

I sat beside Sam, pouring myself a cup of coffee. “What time is it?” I asked, my voice sounding dry from the lack of talking.

“After lunch.” Ivey said from across me, smirking.

I rolled my eyes, feeling Ivey kick me from under the table. “How are we going there?”

“Tuffy’s driving us,” Sam said, playing with her hands. Tuffy was their driver and bodyguard altogether, keeping them safe and driving them almost everywhere. I met him a couple of times but never really got the chance to talk to him.

Ivey tensed in her seat, clearing her throat. She drank from her cup of coffee like it would hide her pale expression.

“So, uh,” I coughed, trying to change the conversation. “I have a copy of Catching Fire.”

Sam’s eyes lit up. “Let’s watch it on the way to the venue, please?”

Alice and Sam started talking about the cast of the movie, completely ignoring Ivey and I. I took a chance to look at her, offering a small smile.