•|Make It To Me|•

[S1E-20]

Mystic Falls
••••••••••••••••••••••
Hayley

Hope has been giving me the cold shoulder all day long. We woke up early to make it to the lake house before everyone else did so she could get stared on all the homework that she missed. Or just didn't do.

I was sitting down across her at the kitchen table not doing anything but waiting and thinking. What would've happened if I didn't go get her? What would've happened if I never even found out?

"Hope?" I mumbled. She didn't look up at me all though she wanted to. "I'm sorry. Your safety isn't the only reason that I stopped you. I was being selfish." I sighed. "I guess that's a trait that you pick up when you're being tormented by your conscious that looks just like the man that you're sharing a child with."

"You told me that dad was a changed person." Hope mumbled finally looking up from her papers.

"He is." I nodded. "But once you let the darkness reach you it'll always be within."

"There you go." Klaus's voice sounded but I didn't look over to see him. "You finally see that I'm a monster-"

"That goes for me too." I kept my attention on Hope while cutting Klaus off. "Yesterday, I realized that I didn't only miss him because you did. I missed him for another reason and I didn't know until I kissed my conscious. I was afraid that if your dad was here right now or last night I'd be telling him how much I missed him and I don't wanna do that."

"Because you think he's still a monster-"

"No." I furrowed my eyebrows while shaking my head.

"Then what is it?" Hope asked.

"Because of Elijah. He already hates the fact that I have that painting hanging in my room. If your dad comes back one day I'm gonna have to tell them both and I might not have neither one of them-"

"Mom?" She scoffed. "As long as dad is my dad and Elijah is my uncle, you'll have them both. Weather you choose or not. But the non-selfish thing to do is not string neither one of them along."

"Did you-" I scoffed cutting off my sentence. "Did you just give me dating advice?" I chuckled folding my arms.

"What can I say?" Hope smiled and shrugged. "I'm a Mikaelson, what can't we do right?"

I shook my head at her just as I heard a knock at the door. Getting up from the chair I headed towards the front door. When I opened it I rolled my eyes.

"Knocking on the door is your new thing now?" I stated to Klaus.

"Since the deed is in my name, the next time I'll be sure to barge in."

"Klaus?" I smiled pulling him into a hug. This was the first time that we've ever hugged every since I've known him. I let him go before I got too comfortable.

"Is Hope still in New Orleans?" He asked seriously before walking into the house.

"Kitchen." I mumbled closing the door and following him into the kitchen.

"I guess I don't need a clock any more." He chuckled. Hope quickly got up from the chair and ran towards him and they hugged tightly. "By the way, you're grounded." Klaus stated seriously pulling away from her.

"Mom made that pretty clear last night." She chuckled.

New Orleans
••••••••••••••••••••••
Marcel