•|True Colors|•

[S1E-15]

Italy|February 1647
•••••••••••••••••••••
Mariana

Waking up from the hard wooden bed that I slept on I got up quickly and left the room heading downstairs where I heard Nik. Before I began to speak my gums began hurting.

"Ouch." I mumbled placing my hand on my cheek. "Am I a vampire yet?" I asked looking at Nik.

"Yes." He nodded his head yeah with a smirk on his face. "Last night you passed out after your first taste. But that's the fun part love." I followed him into the kitchen where there were four people sitting down at the table staring at each other.

"Who are they?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"You've already failed test number one." Klaus mumbled. "As a vampire, we don't really care who people are. We care bout how they taste." He smirked. "I'm gonna start you off with a cup of blood."

He handed me the cup and I stared into it as my face transformed. My fangs forced themselves out of my gums even though I tried to ignore his eagerness to get me to drink.

Once the blood touched my tongue I couldn't stop to taste it. Instead I swallowed it all in less than five seconds before using my speed to suck the blood out of the random people who sat at the wooden kitchen table.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head black slowly when I pulled away from the last persons neck. All though I didn't taste anything, the feeling was great.

"I want more." I stated giving Klaus a murderous look.

"Have at it-" before he could finish I used my speed to leave the house knowing he was about to give me the okay.

Mystic Falls|Current Day
•••••••••••••••••••••
Hayley

For the last few hours I was still in the room with Klaus patiently waiting for Khloe to get here. I didn't get any sleep. Caroline called me three times and texted me asking when was I gonna come to the house, but I didn't reply nor pick up the phone.

"I told Hope how good of a dancer you said you were." I mumbled with a smirk on my face. "And she wanted me to ask you to be my escort for the Miss Mystic Falls event."

"But if he plans on sleeping through the entire thing then you're probably gonna just dance with the air." I turned around to look at the girl who stood near the door way and Kole brushed past her.

"Who is she?" I asked Kole as he came over to the coffin.

"That's Mariana." He sighed. "We bumped into each other at Marcy's in New York. She happens to be one of Klaus's sire."

"Well If you're here to seek revenge you're out number sweetie." I nodded with a serious look on my face.

"I'm here to pay my respects love. Niklaus was like a brother to me." Mariana mumbled looking around me. "If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be the woman that I am today. You'd think that someone with a reputation like him wouldn't be able to help people, but that's exactly what he did for me. Even if it meant slaughtering over two hundreds villages."

When she said the word slaughtering I knew that had to have hurt her in some kind of way or vise versa. Or maybe they did it together who knows.

"He's not dead." I mumbled turning back to the coffin. Kole looked at me like I had grown two heads. "It's a sleeping spell that needs to be siphoned in order for him to wake up."