•|Love Is Pain|•

[S1E-11]

Dear Diary,

There was never a day in life that I've been so afraid. At least until I tried to run like usual and I couldn't run as fast. Knowing that I can't use the strength that I once had to protect my daughter, it's painful. I was once her King. Who will I be now?

Niklaus.

••••••••••••••••••••
Niklaus

After writing in my diary I closed and locked it before sitting it back on the book shelf when I got up from the desk. The painting of Hayley, Hope, and myself hung high up on the wall right over the window.

"Nik?" Rebekah's voice sounded and I turned around to see her. "I'm leaving."

"You just got back." Elijah interrupted the conversation and entered the room.

"I know, but Marcel wants me to leave. He keeps telling me that it's not safe. I think we all should just leave. And do it now-"

"Henric and I took away the life of the great spirit as to whom wanted our family dead including my niece. We've never been more safe." Elijah mumbled.

"You and Henric?" I smirked. "Does this make you-"

"Brothers?" Henric entered the room with a smile on his face dressed in a dark gray suit. "We've been brothers since the day of birth. But that's not why I'm here. Freya wants me to reveal some terrible news."

"As if Rebekah hasn't already." I sighed waving him off and then dropping my hand down to my side. "When is the bad news going to stop?!" I snapped.

"Whenever Mikael is dead." Hayley then entered the room with a serious look on her face.

My facial expression changed when I heard Mikael's name. I wasn't even the least bit of surprised when I realized that I finally wasn't strong enough to beat him. Of course he'd drop by in my time of weakness.

"The last time your crazy parents were alive they tried to kill my baby. I don't want that for her anymore." Hayley mumbled.

"It's not gonna be that way." Henric nodded pulling out his phone. "Earlier today I spoke with Mrs. Salvatore, also known as Caroline Forbes and she asked her friend Elena Salvatore if you guys could use her cabin for a nice little get away."

"In Mystic Falls?" I asked folding my arms. "You want me to go to a place where I'm not wanted-"

"Yup." Henric nodded. "Because you have a terrible reputation there and the last thing anyone would do is check. Plus the place is cloaked."

"No." I shook my head. "Absolutely not-"

"Klaus." Hayley stated firmly approaching me with a serious look on her face. "You are human. That makes you an easy target. If Mikael is gonna kill anybody he's gonna come for you first. If he takes you away from your daughter....OUR daughter, she's gonna wanna know what happened to you. That...that is gonna hurt. Hurt me more than it's gonna hurt her."

I blinked away from Hayley and then looked in the other direction before looking at Elijah. Once I looked over at him, he stared at the painting on the wall and then looked at me before walking out of the room. I nodded my head at Hayley before following Elijah.

"Elijah?" I mumbled brushing past Hayley and Henric on my way out. "Elijah?" He continued to ignore me while I followed him down the hallway. "Elijah answer me-"