|25|

25. What are what friend for?

I've never grown up with a brother, so I can only imagine this is what it was like when I woke up to Blake's freight train of a snore

He was cuddling with a body pillow I gave him. Arm pressed up on his forehead, lifting up his shirt just slightly. His snoring blocking out all my own thoughts.

I carefully rolled out of my bed and tip toed out of my room. My dad door was shut, most likely have earplugs in to get a decent amount of sleep. If he wasn't on the you-gotta-make-up thing, he would have not agreed to this. I know of it.

Koda lifted up his head from the couch cushion when he heard me walk into the room.

He looked at me and I smiled. Planting myself neck to him and rubbing my hands in his fur.

"What do I do boy?" I asked him. "I seriously have no clue."

Koda tilted his head before moving himself to sit up. Tilting his head. Sometimes I think he understands what I'm saying. And is telling me a million things that I just can't hear.

"How do I confess to Blake that I like him?" I asked. Scratching the back of his ear with my fingertips.

Koda licked my face with his wet tongue.

"Eww," I say, wiping me my mouth. "We need to seriously get you a girlfriend."

"Koda needs a girlfriend?" Blake's voice echoed from down the hall.

I looked up. Embarrassment burning my cheeks.

"How long were you there?" I asked. Praying he didn't hear me. All the things I said.

"Only the Koda needs a girlfriend part," he chuckled slightly. "My phone alarm went off."

"Right." I groan. "School is calling us."

"I was gonna go change." He pointed to the door with his finger. "I'll be back."

"Okay." I smile weakly.

Once the door shut, I looked at Koda with a stern glare.

"You could have warned me." I snap.

He barked.

"I love you too." I smile, standing up to go look somewhat presentable by the time Blake gets back.

Which was way too soon than I originally thought.

I was about fully naked when I heard the front door open and shut and the footsteps of Blake approaching my room.

I grabbed the closest thing and yanked it over me. Turns out it was a long silky white dress that did not cover everything I wish it would. Including my forest of legs which I haven't shaved since December. There was no need. And the scar on my right shoulder I got from a boating accident, which was not something Blake should see, along with some acne scars besides them.