|11|

11. First for everything

 First for everything

Winter.

The air becomes colder. So cold you can see your breath freezing around you. When the skies start to cry, a magical wonderland forms in front of you. It is the season of joy and happiness. Lighting the fireplace and drinking hot chocolate or eggnog, without the alcohol of course. Snuggling up in fuzzy blankets on a cold night and watching the snow fall. Then there are the snowball fights. Lots of snowball fights.

Winter would have to be my absolute favorite time of the year. You can't help, but smile when you see the first snowfall of the year. It's just an amazing feeling.

I waited outside Blake's apartment

I waited outside Blake's apartment. Again he was taking forever, but this time there were no excuses.

Now that the football seasons over (we got eliminated from playoffs after we lost the third game) it can't be because he's getting ready. It's not his birthday so he can't be trying to look nice. Also, it's a Monday, who the heck tries to look good on a Monday? Oh, that's right, a girl who starts with a 'T' and ends with 'are'.

Tara, being the person she is; doesn't understand why I'm still tutoring Blake. He has a C in her class so she thinks I did all I needed to do. The only reason why he is passing that class is every day, I write down what we learned and reteach it to him. In a matter that he'll understand. If I just stopped doing that, He'd be back where he was the first week he asked me to tutor him. Failing.

Finally, his door opens and out walks Blake. He raked through his semi-long brown hair with his fingers, which were slowly losing the tan he gained during the football season. Shame, absolute shame.

"You know. I thought girls were supposed to take longer than guys at getting ready?" I joke around with him.

"That's a little sexist isn't it." He pushes me slightly before we ran down the stairs. "Besides it takes time to look like this."

"Like a dork?" I joke.

"Exactly." He grins.

A couple tiny flurries began to fall from the sky. I lifted up my head to look at the sky.