|20|

20. Dare Night

It is a family tradition here at the Jensen household for a dare night on Christmas Eve

We all write ridiculous dares and put them in a hat, and split up in pairs. Rebecca is of course on my team because we're gonna win this year.

Once we are in our teams, we select five dares from the hat and the first team to complete all five with video evidence before one, gets to pick the family event for the evening. The losers aren't so lucky, they will all have to complete the same horrible dare as punishment.

Last year we had to run in the snow with only our underwear and bras on. Cars driving past were very confused.

Rebecca and I carefully pulled out our five dares.

"Okay, ready?. Set. Go!" Logan screamed, sprinting out the door along side his dad.

Rebecca and I took the backyard exit and ran as fast as we could in the snow. Which was almost impossible.

Once we slid into my car, which I've missed so much, we looked at our first dare.

"Get a tattoo." Rebecca chuckles to herself.

"Well, I'm the only one eighteen here," it is legal to get a small tattoo at age eighteen without parents consent.

I sigh before backing out and heading to the closet, but nice, tattoo shop near us.

We ended up going to a place called Ink, it was like the café all over again.

I approached the man with a full sleeve of tattoos at the front desk. There was a lip piercing which I could never pull off.

"Welcome to Ink what you looking for?" He asked.

"I want to get a small tattoo." I smile friendly.

"What you looking for exactly?"

"Can I see what tattoos you offer?" I ask.

He nodded and walked over to a binder filled with tattoo designs. Handing it to me.

He also handed me all the papers I needed to fill out. I filled them out, showed him my ID stating that I'm eighteen years old, and went to take a seat next to Rebecca.

"I can't believe you're doing this." She whispered to me.

"I am determined to win this year." I smile, looking through the selection of small tattoos. Looking for something that has a deep impact on me.

There was nothing that caught my eye.

"How about this one?" She pointed at a little outline of a mountain with a quote, look for adventure in calligraphy letters.

I smiled at it. Thinking about the time I went to the mountains with Blake for the first time in my life.

"Okay."