|04|

4. All she needs is devil horns

So turns out the first day of school isn't just filled with annoying students, teacher telling you how it's gonna be this year, and sport tryouts

So turns out the first day of school isn't just filled with annoying students, teacher telling you how it's gonna be this year, and sport tryouts. I guess I should of added lectures into that list.

Let me explain. For some reason at East High you get the choice of either taking gym sophomore year or senior year. I don't know why, but I decided to skip it sophomore year because like why not? I regret that decision from little Julia. Truly regret it.

Mr. Goodman kept going on about how he's not gonna take any crap from us this year. Don't feel good? Too bad. Can't feel your legs? Crawl. Vomit? Jog to the nurse's office. While he was saying this he kept looking at all the senior girls. Let's be honest though, the senior girls and not trying to be stereotypical, are all the girls who rather not try in gym. It's like seventh grade all over again. As I examine the class which is full of popular girls who won't do stuff, nerdy guys who look like they haven't done any physical activity in their life, and the really athletic kid who no one knows how they even were able to take every gym class; I came to the conclusion. This class might be the worse class, but funny at the same time. Who doesn't enjoy seeing people give lame excuses? I sure do.

"Do I make myself clear?" He yelled out into the gymnasium that cost probably half the school budget.

"Yes coach!" The overly athletic kid yelled back. A couple of other yes coach followed.

"Alright...good. Uh." So apparently he didn't think this far. We had ten minutes before I could leave this place. "Go run some laps."

Of course the athletic kid jumped up and in a full sprint started the laps while the popular girls groaned. The nerdy one stuck together and well me, not fitting in anywhere. Jogged alone.

"Lee!" Coach called.

I casually jogged over because I didn't want to be yelled at.

"Could you run this down to the office?" He held a paper attendance sheet in his hand. Handing it over to me without really giving me a choice.

I am definitely not complaining. It's an excuse to leave class. And if he thinks I'm gonna run, he got another thing coming. Imma take my sweet time.

"Yeah of course," I say kindly. Mentally celebrating of course. Don't want to make the other jealous. As if they'd care. I'm pretty sure athletic kid is on lap five by now.

Another reason why I want to take my sweet time is because the office is a five minute walk from here (it's on the other side of the school) so if I go a slow pace. I could make it where I only have two minutes left of the day. Sounds like a plan. Nothing could screw it up besides the hall monitors. If they still have any.

About three minutes into my walk I've managed to see a couple making out, five freshman girls thinking they're so cool because they're slurring the first day of school, and a janitor dancing. Which he officially became me if I ever became a janitor. Hopefully I won't, only because there are still kids who don't flush the toilets. I want to puke thinking of it.