|15|

15. Walking tomato

"She looks so pretty

"She looks so pretty." Mercedes smiled up at me. I stepped to see myself in the mirror they had available and from the looks of it. I could suffocate on the sparkles alone.

It was a pretty dress and in starting to lean into a red dress, but this red dress made me look like a walking tomato that got into a pile of glitter. It felt more like a prom dress to me with all this excess fluff in it.

"Mercedes how about you try it on?" Tara smirks before handing her another copy of the dress.

We walked in, I changed back into my clothes and Mercedes changed into the dress.

When she walked out, she did a little princess twirl as I like to call it. It looked way better on her than me that's for sure.

"That's so gorgeous don't you agree Julia?" Tara turns to me.

"Stunning." I say without my usual sarcastic remark.

I want to die.

"Come on, I saw some cute dresses over here." Charlie grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards a row of colorful dresses. I guess I was the only one that thought it was strange that all the greens matched her eyes as of they were related. No one seemed to notice. I sure did.

She pulled out a red dress that looked like more like my style and held it up against me.

"Perfect." She smiled.

Finally something I can try on and feel comfortable in.

"I don't think so," Tara walks into the perfect picture I created. Burning it to a crisp.

"I think she'll look beautiful." Mercedes adds.

"Yeah but I would look amazingly gorgeous." She grabbed the dress out of my hands and hung it in front of her. "See?"

Charlie and Mercedes hesitated a bit before answering. The of course agreed and Tara flashed me an evil smile before handing it to Mercedes to hold for her.

Lovely. Anyone need a red-headed brat? Got one right here.

 Anyone need a red-headed brat? Got one right here