Chapter 23

"Okay class turn in your test." Mr. Brent, The human anatomy, teacher says.

The class all scatters to the front desk to turn in our papers. I wasn't about to get up, so I asked this new boy that's in the class to turn in my paper for me. He took the paper from me and turned it in. I realized he has been here for a while and we haven't really had a chance to talk. He's walking back down the isle when I stop him..

"Thanks for that." I say to him as he smiles and sits back in his seat beside me.

"You're welcome." He smiles.

"Okay you all. For the rest of time being you can socialize." Mr. Brent says and I turn to the new boy to talk.

"What's your name?" I ask leaning my arm on the desk.

"My name is Danny." He says.

"I'm Maeko..." I introduce myself.

"If I'm not jumping the gun here. I would like to ask you a question..." He says and my heart begins to beat fast just because of when someone says I need to ask you something.

"Go ahead." I motion for him to continue.

"I have been hearing that you talk to some boy. I didn't believe it until I saw you with a dude looking lovey dovey on the lockers. Plus, y'all are always together. It's cute though. It really reminds me of back home." He says a little above a whisper.

I chuckle at his kindness. "First off, Thanks for whispering that. The boy you see is Aldino. I call him Dino. He's my best friend, and my boyfriend. " I roll my eyes just thinking about Dino. "We have our moments but I enjoy them."

"How long have you two been together?" He asks.

"About..." I tap my fingers on the desk. "One year..." I answer.

"Wow. Do you love him?"

"Of course." I answer quickly. "We have had our moments where he just pisses me off, , but he's also the only one that can keep me grounded." I smile at the thought.

"That's great." Danny says.

The bell rings for the next class, and Danny and I start to gather up our things. I tell him I'll meet up with him at lunch and we depart. Once out of the room I meet Dino by my locker, so he can walk me to my next class.

*Jayln P.O.V*

I walk into class and take a seat in my usual desk. Another boy enters shortly after me. I look up and he has taken the seat in front of me. "Excuse me someone sits there." I tap him saying politely.

"Oh my bad." He says gathering his things.

"Right..." I mumble and he turns around.

Maeko walks into the class along with Milo and they go to their regular seats.

"What you say?" The boy asks me smartly.

Today is not the day. "I said right it's your bad." I respond back with the same attitude.

"Bitch you ain't even have t---"

"Danny come sit over here with us." Maeko calls out to him

He grabs his stuff and looks back shooting me a mean glare. I shrug and continue to start on my work. Today is a bad day. I got into it with my dad and I'm uber annoyed. I didn't mean to come off rude to him.

*Maeko P.O.V*

"How come you been here all this time and I never noticed you in the class?" I ask amused.