Chapter 13

(Be sure to vote!)

Lando pulls up to our house and we make our way in. Kalij and my mom were obviously out, and Tommy was still in school. "Thanks for the rescue. I needed to get out of school." I say as I throw my book bag in the corner.

"No problem Maeko. You'll know I'll do anything for you." He smiles and I smile back.

"Thanks. So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I ask as I walk to the kitchen to get a snack.

"I don't want to say until Tommy gets home." He says as he rubs his chin hairs.

I pop open my grape soda and walk over to the island in the middle of the floor. I sat my can down, and start to look through the mail. "That's okay I guess." I say as I sort through.

"Why did you want to leave school?" He asks.

"Real talk?" I ask as I look up at him.

"Real talk." He nods as I make my way towards the living room behind him. We sit on the sofa and I take a deep inhale. I start to try to process all my troubles. He shakes my leg to motion for me to speak up. I sigh heavily before speaking.

"Okay, Dino and I have this ongoing feud because of me taking off the necklace the gave me and the rings. He feels I should have waited for him, but I was lonely, and no one knew how long he would have. I turned to Brenden because he was my rock through it all, but he was also my downfall. I started skipping school, smoking, and alienating everyone. We finally had sex, and it was... Okay. I was good myself but him he wasn't up to my standards how you or Dino was."

Lando chuckles.

"I'm so serious. Dino found out and he was angry with me. He told me he hated me, and all that. I really messed up because that day we went to the mall and I left, I fucked Dino's cousin Kano. I didn't know at the time because I've never actually seen how he looked. I really don't know if Dino is trying to work on us or if he's just getting back at me."

"I mean if I was in his shoes I would probably be mad too though. " Lando added.

"To make matters worse, Brenden is cheating on me with this dude Jayln. I can't stand the hell out of Jayln, ever since we were young he has wanted what I have. He really hasn't given me a reason to come after him, so I'm trying to leave him be. I know he's sneaky so he has to be watched..." I pause to take a sip of my soda with Lando watching attentively.

"Now, I don't know what road to take. Oh, and Bree told me that she was the one who was pregnant by Dino and stuff, and it made me wonder what happened to all the girls he was fucking with before me because she's the only one I know of. Dino never really shared much about his bitches to me or Milo, but him and Bj used to always used to fuck hoes together, so I need to look into that because Jayln and him used to be close and something doesn't sit right with me."

"I really don't think it's worth digging up the past though. Who he was with before you shouldn't matter because they are just that. You got cuffed."

I sigh. "Do you think that I'm wrong for anything I've done? Be honest Lando." I finish and he sits there analyzing me.

"Are you gonna get mad?" He says after a moment.

"I told you to be honest didn't I..." I say as I place my legs criss cross on the sofa.

"Okay..." He shrugs. "I feel like once Dino went into the hospital Brenden was trying to push up on you from jump. I out of the others, personally knew you would fall for it. He was doing all the right things especially while you were hurting. When Dino gave you those things I knew it was a symbol of how strong y'all relationship really was, despite how I felt about Dino, he had all good intentions."