Chapter 17

*Lando P.O.V*

      I slide on my shoes, my Hollister hoodie, and begin to walk outside with Maeko. We walk off the porch to meet Brenden and Lyric who is standing there waiting in anticipation..

"Hey y'all." Lyric speaks first.

"Hey." Maeko says lowly.

     "Hey Lyric..." I said and look over at Brenden to mug him.

"Lando chill." Lyric says.

     "What? I'm not even doing anything." I say with my hands in the air.

"Does he really have to be out here?" She asks Maeko.

"Yeah. He's the peacemaker" Maeko says pointing at me quickly.

"I guess..." She shrugs.

     There is an awkward silence for a moment, and everyone is looking around awkwardly..

"So..." Maeko starts. "Why is y'all here?" He asks and I chuckle at his lil accent. Did Maeko ever tell y'all his family is from New York so his accent comes out ever so often? Anyways, I find that cute.

"I want to know what went wrong with y'all." Lyric says honestly.

     I lean onto the light pole to watch them talk.

"Well to start, your brother cheated on me. He got me to start skipping school, and smoking weed."

"Smoking weed?" She questions then looks over at Brenden. "Are you fucking---" She punches him in the chest. "Out of your mind."

     I snicker at her dominance, and Maeko shoots me an evil glare. "Sorry." I say aloud.

"I was fed up with his bullshit. To make matters worse he continued to sit in my face like he hadn't fucked a person that I despise so much. I admit I initiated it in school when I hit him, but it was out of retaliation to me finding out he had sex with my enemy." Maeko explained.

     I looked over Brenden who had his fist clenched like he wanted to do something.  "Maeko watch out for him." I spoke up and all three of them look at me then at each other.

"I'm not gonna let him do nothing." Lyric said standing in front of Brenden.

"Oowee it's a reunion." A voice says from out of nowhere.

     We all turn around and it's Bj and everybody else.

"What y'all doing over here?" Maeko asks.

"We came to talk since we ain't seen you or had a chance to talk yet after all the craziness." Japree says.

"Anybody seen Dino?" Maeko asks.

"No. We went to his house and it was pitch black." Bj says.

"Hey Lyric." Bj nods.

"Bernard..." Lyrics says and rolled her eyes at him.

"Hey Za'nae." Lyric smiles and they hug.

"Girl you got to catch me up on you and this one." She says pointing to Milo.

     He smiles and nods at me. I nod back.

"Okay. I'm a fan of reunions and all but nobody is concerned about Dino?" Maeko asks.

     I sigh. "Ahh Maeko let me holler at ya real quick." I say scratching behind my ear.

He raises an eyebrow and walks over to me. "Wassup?"

     "Before Dino left he got a call. Once he answered he told me he wanted to be alone for a while." I confessed.

"You know I can't just let him be alone like that." He replied.